Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Internet through Satellite

Options
  • 30-06-2003 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭

I am getting a Technisat Skystar 2 in the next week and I was wondering if anyone knows of any satellites or companies that will or are running a testing system at the moment so you can get broadband without paying for it.

I looked in the Digital Tests 2003 mag and saw Xantic and Sat@Once. Xantic offers a pay service and Sat@Once is a free service which downloads stuff to your computer and sorts it for viewing. I know a while ago i saw that there were a few companies running tests and you were able to take part in it by tuning in.

Hopefully there are some companies that still are.
    Any help would be most helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

yeah I know about that site but i'm talking about sites that are running tests at the moment so you don't have to pay to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This is Ireland... there is almost no such thing as free!!! Its not like ADSL!!! Say internet was around a long time before ADSL ever got here (i had it till recently!) So why would there be free testing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

what i ment is before companies get their system up and running properly they let people test it out and make sure there are no serious problems this is what i mean by free. they let you test it then you tell them what you thought and it free. Satnode another company was running it. It doesn't matter what country u are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Try Here Its a forum on sat providers. Its pretty good for netsystem but lists others used too so try there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement