Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flares!!?!?!?!!!

• 30-06-2003 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

OMG... I'm going nuts the last few months... Where in this sh!t hoel of a town(dublin) can I find a decent pair of Flares. Everywhere I look i see baggie or very thight jeans... baggy cord... ffs. I want real Flares. The only ones that I have found that fit right our the "PoP" cords but they are absolutely terrible quality and rip in the crotch area too easily.

I'm pretty sure that I'll never find then in dublin(i've been most places)/.. Any help would be welcome. I'll even buy them off your arse :)

[note] I'm a 32/33 Waist, Length 32-34, Must be Flared and Must be thight at the front of the thigh...

Going to the Dam next month and any advice about where to buy Flares of a very good type would be welcome ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Try a second hand shop maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

There used to be a place in the Georges St arcade calle Retro. i dunno if they do any old school clothes anymore though. it looks a bit trendy now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I would have thought you'd be able to get them in The Eager Beaver in Temple bar, right behind the Central Bank. They cater for all kinds of retro styles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Second hand shops!!!
    WTF do u think i am..??
    I only shop there anyway

Retro = Baggy NOT flared

Eager Beaver = the PoP sh!t i was talking about

Help!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

yeah theres a place off dame street, near georges street arcade called "Wild Child". They sell all things retro. ;) authentic old skool runners and old american work shirts with funky names on them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I got a pair of jeans recently - make is "Jack & Jones" - which are flared. They aren't bell-bottoms like but they are tight around the thigh and flare from the knee down. Should be available in most boggo jeans shops. Hopefully they're flared enough for your needs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

'Harlequin', don't know the name of the street though... though they mostly sell 'pop' stuff ...i've never found them to be shoddy ... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

that place the Harlequin is on the road where you go towards Georges Street arcade from Grafton St. not sure of the street either...... its near musician inc.. its a good shop !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

have you tried flip? just by central bank. i usually find they aint really long enough but hey i dont know what the guys trousers are like!
    i've been finding it really difficult to find flares in the last few months too. it seems that the 80s are back in fashion and they've brought straight legs with them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Originally posted by ozpass
    I got a pair of jeans recently - make is "Jack & Jones" - which are flared. They aren't bell-bottoms like but they are tight around the thigh and flare from the knee down. Should be available in most boggo jeans shops. Hopefully they're flared enough for your needs. :)

Tis true. They rock.
    Got me a pair a week ago :)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Chaos Try the BootCut jeans. I wear them. They are a little flared but no tooo flared and fit tight in the hips and thigh area. Try online shopping?

Advertisement