Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom being a right pain..

• 30-06-2003 10:10am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right,
    I ordered a line from Eircom about 3/4 weeks and EirCON but the wrong address on my A/C (despite me actually phoning from the line to get it activated AND giving them my address twice)

Phoned up Eircom on Sat and explained they had got my details wrong and I got them corrected it.

Now however they refuse to resent anything with the correct address on it untill I get billed (1 month away)

Now I explained I need this for DSL, so they guy says,
    why do you need that?

I explained that Esat need it by Eircoms request in order for DSL to be ordered.

The Eircom rep then says "Oh if you were ordered from us, you wouldn't need sucha thing"

My question is, is this true?
    If I ordered DSL from Eircom (not that i will) do they request a copy of Bill/Contract showing Address/A/C number.

Cause I need ammo for when I phone them today :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Eircom don't ask for it as they own the lines and can check on their system who is the a/c holder. Esat look for it to make sure
    Joe Smith isn't ordering DSL on Wilma Flintstones A/C...

Either by mistake or as a prank

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by James Melody
    Eircom don't ask for it as they own the lines and can check on their system who is the a/c holder. Esat look for it to make sure
    Joe Smith isn't ordering DSL on Wilma Flintstones A/C...

Either by mistake or as a prank

Easy for someone to do it non the less :-D
    All you need is someone's A/C #/Bill
    If you were willing to check through someone's rubbish in order to get revenge you'd be sorted.

:p

Anyways,
    The point is, its Eircoms fault and now they won't resent a document with the correct details so I can't order DSL.
    Its just plain annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I'm pretty sure you can hit them with the data protection act on this one - updating of incorrect information, and seeking confirmation of the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Netsource didn't ask for a copy of any bill, just the a/c number. You gotta them give credit card or direct debit details, so I guess they assume that no one would be willing to spend €150 getting someone else DSL as a prank :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

When do IOL request this? I sent my forms in last week and there was nothing about the inclusion of a bill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Spud_Gun
    When do IOL request this? I sent my forms in last week and there was nothing about the inclusion of a bill.

Its on the form I have.
    but I'm not getting Residential DSL, I'm getting business so that might explain why they request it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

I am getting resedential, and all I had to provide was the house phone number and the account number. There was no mention of sending them a bill.

I'll phone Esat again but twice I phoned them and they've advised mem I need to provide a bill.

Guess I'll see...

Also I'll phone them this evening and push that data protection act at them again, see how it goes :D

Was sitting at home yesteday and decided to finally phone Eircom and get them to sent me out a letter.

I got them to read the address on my account and it turns out the NEVER updated my details like I had requested, though atleast they said they'd send me out a letter to confirm

Advertisement