Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - New in Ireland!

Options
  • 30-06-2003 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

can anyone recommend any good Game mag titles from Ireland or are they all UK mags?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

As far as I'm aware it's all UK mags... Unless there's still an Irish edition of Official PlayStation entirely made up of month-old content from the UK mag?

I could be wrong here but I think the only entirely Irish games mags were G4 and The Player, both of which were knocking around about four years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

it aint irish but...id reccomend GAMEStm if you looking for a mag...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Buzzbuzz

thanks for the replies folks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Shinji
    ... Unless there's still an Irish edition of Official PlayStation entirely made up of month-old content from the UK mag?...

That's long gone, all we have now is over priced UK mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Best bet would be to go into a large Easons (the one on O'Connell St. in Dublin is my favourite) and have a look for yourself. You'll probably see PC Live! which is one of the few computer entertainment related magazines Ireland produces.

But I mostly buy Pc Format and Edge tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Tusky
    it aint irish but...id reccomend GAMES™ if you looking for a mag...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Only Irish mag I can think of is PC Live, and since I'm only interested in mags centred on gaming, 'tis a no no. As far as I recall PC Live's gaming interest extends as far as a few reviews at the back of the magazine, but I haven't read it in a long time.

I read PC Zone.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

With two pages of games reviews/previews and a bit of news I think Hot Press currently has the largest printed games content in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I my opionion Games MAGS are a complete Total waste of Money, when equally u can get quaity Reviews off the next, but Gamesmaster does a decent all round mag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

EDGE magazine is the best all format mag.

PC ZONE is the best PC one in my opinion!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ah Good old G4. Introduced me to tribes well before any other magazine had a notion of it!

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    I my opionion Games MAGS are a complete Total waste of Money, when equally u can get quaity Reviews off the next, but Gamesmaster does a decent all round mag :)

You have a point, but not everyone would agree:

(1) Some find reading a solid book/magazine more pleasurable and comfortable than reading it off a monitor.
    (2) You can take a magazine anywhere.
    (3) Monitors place strain on your eyes by comparison to pages, so it can be more comfortable to read reviews in a solid format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

pc zone is pretty much the best pc mag around.
    pc format is alright, they just can't seem to decide on their target market tho.
    not too sure about multiformat... i bought a copy of cvg the other week *shudder*, biggest load of childish crap i've ever read:( (bring back yob ffs!)

it's a shame there are no irish mags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

There are no good irish mags just a few good english ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ah Good old G4. Introduced me to tribes well before any other magazine had a notion of it!

Haha, that's seemingly what EVERYONE remembers G4 for. Glad to be of service :)

Lyconix - invest in a PDA, then. I read most websites that I actually read a LOT of from the comfort of a nice comfy seat on my PDA screen. If it's good enough for reading eBooks, it's good enough for reading game reviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, I'm reading Billy Burroughs - Naked lunch at the moment in between playing Dope wars and Space Trader.

Winners don't do drugs btw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Games TM is probably the best magazine at the moment.

I usually get EGM. It'a an american magazine. There are no cover cds so is usually cheaper than the other mags. However it only covers console games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I likes to read Edge.
    The covers r teh funneh.

They also feel really nice when tentatively rubbed along you or your partner(s) skin.

Make bloody excellent mouse-mats too.

Advertisement