Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt collection agencies

Options
  • 30-06-2003 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I run a small business and I have a number of slow payers. I wanted to know how effective debt collection people are and what methods they use? Do most then pay up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Hey i use to work for one.

Very useful, most have a 80 - 90 % success rate.

Its usually done by simply bombarding them with phone calls,then telling them you can have someone call to there door for a cheque,then threading them with legal action aldo many never get that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Don't forget to give due consideration on the impact this will have on your relationship with the customer, if you wish to deal with them again in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

well most places understand that you wont want to harm your relationship with your customers,so dont go out aggressively at first anyway.

Most debt collectors also offered credit control services,where they actually look after the collecting of all that is owed to you from all your customers,within the thirty days that most companys offer.

Advertisement