Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

obtaining personnell files

• 30-06-2003 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

What have peoples experience in obtaining personell files from employers? Has anyone manged to see their files?

From tomorrow 1st of July 2003 the new data protection act comes into force which gives access to paper files held by companies. This s hould open the way to getting all that paper held by former employers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you are legally entitled to see any HR or personal file held.
    you do not have the right to demand peoples personal file on you (ie, your managers etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    you are legally entitled to see any HR or personal file held.
    you do not have the right to demand peoples personal file on you (ie, your managers etc)

The Data protection act 1988-2003 allows access to all personal info held by a company. This would include all files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

are you sure its *all* files?
    as far as im aware i am allowed to hold my own files for personal use, and i dont have to let you see them.
    all official records are allowed to be seen however.

Advertisement