Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

• 30-06-2003 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I cannot dial the EircomFree dialup number, but it only began when I installed ISDN.

Im running a 64k line - I had intended to use Eircom free as dialup but I could connect perhaps 2/10 times. I tried Oceanfree and am very VERY happy with it thus far.

But I NEED to connect to Eircom so I can ftp to the eircom servers. So on the rare occasions I can connect, I tend to get alot of ftping done :D

What is causing this ? Im not gone waist my time with tech support.

/edit

modem is kompletts Asuscom Internal PCI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

as far as I'm aware you need a different Eircom No. for ISDN Access, this is the case for subscription users.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I'm able to connect at 128kbs to that number no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

no the number is the correct one

of that im certain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye ive been having probloms with that also can connect to others just fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Maybe it has something to do with your location?

I'm dialling in to that no. from Limerick and have had no issues with 64K, haven't tried 128K though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sbro

I Have also came across this problem b4, i could dial no problem into other isp's and even eircom.net subscription but no way would it let me into eircom.net free, tried every thing, including, completly formating win98 and replacing it with win 2k, still the same, contacted eircomnet and they were baffeled, as i could dial into their subscription service, so my last resort was to change my isdn card, and i never looked back, worked fine.

my card was a mri isdn pci card
    now it's Tornado tipa -p

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think you have to ring eircomnet and let them know that you changed to an ISDN line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sbro

u would only need 2 fone eircomnet if you had a subscription acc, free acc holders dont have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

its just plain erratic is all. if I got to tech support and they ask me

"does it work"

and I say

"sometimes"

then they will blame everything including my arse hair.

ill just have to live with it...

Advertisement