Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a multiplayer NWN session

Options
  • 30-06-2003 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all

been wanting to get back to NWN after a long break, and I've never played it (or any other rpg) online before.

I guess I'd like to get a bit of practice in before I get online (its been ages since I played it, I gave up somewhere in chapter two, thought the campaign was pretty bad).

Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions as to what modules I should play to warm up before I get online? Or should I just get online? Also, is it possible to level up characters in a hurry online, or should I develop a character in a module locally and import him into an online server?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'd suggest u just go online.
    Both boards.ie and Jarhedz are running campaigns which would be a good place to start. The guys here play every monday and wednesday nights, although I'm not to sure about tonight since theres a bit of server trouble atm. Check the threads here and on the jarhedz site (http://www.jarhedz.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

yeah, I'd like to give it a go on the boards server, but since I'm mostly a nwn newbie I wasn't sure if I'd mess an ongoing game up. Is there some way to level up a character so I could play the dreamcatcher module for instance?

Your character would be leveled up to the level of the lowest character in the game so its not a problem.

If the servers back this evening I'll put up a post otherwise it'll be wednesday for the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

great, see ya there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

damn, server trouble. I might be forced to go to the pub instead :)

Anyway, glimmerman, the Dreamcatcher mod is the last in the series. after this a new mod should be starting (with us aback to 1st level again). Would be good for you to join in the DC one though so you can get a feel for how things work online. Much easier to recover from mistakes at higher levels.

just turn up on the server (games2.iol.ie) and create a character (this is for the portal server) around 8 or 8:30.

From there we can meet up and answer any question you have before we head off to the campaign server.

And Rev. , server trouble... what do we pay you fo....oh yeah forgot about the little thing of this being voluntary :) Hope it proves an easy fix.

• Advertisement

someone ( and for once it wasnt me ) was 'fixing' the server and it seems it didnt :)

If I get access to it before 8:00 I'll have everything up and running, with the same password as last time. I'll do a post and pop onto the portal server (if its there :) )

Advertisement