Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers Light

• 30-06-2003 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the ads for Bulmers Light?

Is it light in calories or light in alcohol?

I can't wait to try it. I'm a big fan of coors lite, and Miller Lite when I'm abroad.

any idea what date it's being released??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Bulmers are launching new Bulmers Light into the Irish drinks market. With almost seventy years experience in producing and marketing ciders, Bulmers are confident that Bulmers Light will be welcomed by Irish consumers.

Bulmers Light has all of the characteristic qualities of its parent brand - Bulmers Original - however it provides an alternative that is both lighter in taste and calories.

Commented Marketing Manager, Stephen Kent, "With all the authentic endorsement of the Bulmers brand, the low calorie and light tasting option of Bulmers Light, will embody the quality, craftsmanship and heritage of Bulmers Original Cider, which has contributed to its growth over the past ten years. We know lifestyles continue to change in Ireland and as the Light Drinks market continues to grow internationally, Irish consumers are ready for a great tasting light drink alternative from a credible, quality brand - Bulmers Light matches that need perfectly''.

Bulmers Light is available in 330ml long neck bottle and its premium packaging features a contemporary silver neck foil and silver front and back label, to differentiate the new product from the Original.

Bulmers Light will be heavily supported by a national radio and outdoor campaign. The soundtrack has been provided by the internationally renowned Irish group, The Devlins, and the product will be supported by the tagline 'Light by Nature'.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Thats what the Bulmers Site says ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I wouldn't mind trying it either. Has anyone seen it anywhere yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Seeing as long-neck costs almost the same as a pint bottle of Original I don't see myself buying this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

what strength is it? normal is 4.5% which is very low for a cider. shame its only in long necks, probably trying to make it a "birds drink" i dont like bulmers but its my favorite pint (doesnt say much for the rest) but it is far too sweet. 10 pints of sugary methanol riddled liquid cant be too good for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

same alcohol content just 10% fewer calories afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I know a bar back home that is selling it and its a big hit with the ladies coz its low in calories and the alcohol level is still the same. Thinks its going to be a success for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Tasted it at the weekend. Its Like watered down bulmers.
    Its the same strength @4.5 but only 26 cals per 100 ml.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Does anyone else think Bulmers Light sounds like a cunning ploy to capture an even younger market - like the 12 - 14 year olds - before they move on to flagons of real cider?

Advertisement