Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New forum suggestion...

Options
  • 30-06-2003 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Im going to need your thoughts on this one.. basicly, after looking over the Massivly multiplayer forums, I've seen that we have a few irish planetside players..

How many of you would be interested in setting up a forum for outfit/squad related battles ect? I've also noticed that we're a bit split between the three armies, so arranging nice wars between the three sides in a remote location should prove enjoyable ect

Anybody here interested?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

As long as there's no SWG discussion, you've got my vote :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Tellox... spliting specific games from the mainstream board has had a checkered past for us before... CS and Quake worked because they were quite literally the only games in town :)

We also tried UO and Everquest and they died a death.

It really takes 20-30 people to make such a forum go but if you can get a decent bit of support I'd back it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Maybe this is the fate of MMORPG's but the players when they do post on those game forums it tends to be on the servers related to the game rather here.

The reason being, while is a good spot to find out who's Irish and playing, that is all it's good for. All the politics, etc is on another board.

In AC I hung out at the Solclaim Server board at VNBoards, UO had a few places, NC has it's own as well (and I've met a couple of boards.ie people through those then Boards.ie).

Until you can show regular traffic in the MMORPG forum it's probably not worth your while splitting.

Advertisement