Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV 24/7 help

Options
  • 30-06-2003 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Right, what's the current deal with this thing? It's so incredibly vague I can't believe it at most times! So does this thing intentionally not connect before July 1st? I've got the password and username right I'm 90% sure, so I'm guessing that's the case. But can anyone clarify this for me#? Their emails were so fllipping blurry on this that I couldn't get anything on them, it said something along the lines of "you can use us after the 27th of June but not before the 1st of July". Yeah, OK hey whatever you say :ninja:

Secondly: what in the name of god is the deal with the phone numbers thing? When you've downloaded that godawful dialer (which I've since deleted) and it asks you to set up a phone number, what do you do? Do you just select ROI from the drop-down box? Should you put something in the box on top of the drop-down? The instructions are, as I've said, so unbeliveably vague I can't get my head around them. Couldn't find anything in the help files either, or their website.

Anyone know what I'm supposed ot be doing here? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by MarkMI6
    Right, what's the current deal with this thing? It's so incredibly vague I can't believe it at most times! So does this thing intentionally not connect before July 1st? I've got the password and username right I'm 90% sure, so I'm guessing that's the case. But can anyone clarify this for me#? Their emails were so fllipping blurry on this that I couldn't get anything on them, it said something along the lines of "you can use us after the 27th of June but not before the 1st of July". Yeah, OK hey whatever you say :ninja:

Right. Let me see if I've got this right. If you're a current subscriber you can migrate to the new flat rate service from the 27th of June but because the billing periods run from the 1st of the month, you're old service must run it's course before the new one can be used. ie. you can't use it till the 1st of July. If you migrate after the 1st of July you can't use the service till the 1st of August because you will have entered into another monthly billing cycle.

Secondly: what in the name of god is the deal with the phone numbers thing? When you've downloaded that godawful dialer (which I've since deleted) and it asks you to set up a phone number, what do you do? Do you just select ROI from the drop-down box? Should you put something in the box on top of the drop-down? The instructions are, as I've said, so unbeliveably vague I can't get my head around them. Couldn't find anything in the help files either, or their website.

Anyone know what I'm supposed ot be doing here? Thanks!

I've downloaded the dialler and installed it and it worked fine. First of all you have to download the setup file. Then you must be connected to the internet when you're installing because the setup file connects to the UTV server to download the rest of the files for installation. When this is complete there is a UTV Internet Setup icon on the desktop. When you run this it will ask you for your real name and your current username and password. After you've finished this setup a new icon called UTV Internet is put on the desktop and the new number will be available through that. You use this icon for the new service but your old Dial Up Networking should still be available for the old service. The new connection will however be the new default connection so you may need to connect to your old service manually. Hope this answers your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Originally posted by LFCFan

I've downloaded the dialler and installed it and it worked fine. First of all you have to download the setup file. Then you must be connected to the internet when you're installing because the setup file connects to the UTV server to download the rest of the files for installation. When this is complete there is a UTV Internet Setup icon on the desktop. When you run this it will ask you for your real name and your current username and password. After you've finished this setup a new icon called UTV Internet is put on the desktop and the new number will be available through that. You use this icon for the new service but your old Dial Up Networking should still be available for the old service. The new connection will however be the new default connection so you may need to connect to your old service manually. Hope this answers your questions.

OK the first part if fine, thanks for that. I wish they'd ahve explained that in their email!

But the second part about the dialer, I've downloaded all the files etc but the very first screen you see when setting it up is something about your phone number - this is before you put in your name, username and password. What do I put in for the phone number part? There's a box to type something in (to the right of which there's a search button - what's is with that?), but below that there's a drop-down box and you can select either ROI or NI. Now what am I supposed to be doing there?

Thanks for the help!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

you have to choose ROI and search for the number used. I never had to enter any number, it does it automaticaly. I'm using the new service now. Works grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Alright that's great, thanks. I've sorted that now (:

Advertisement