Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN support

Options
  • 30-06-2003 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the new IOL anytime supports isdn connections?

Also, I see that UTV support it, but will they allow 128k connections?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

UTV allow 128 K anyway.

I'm not sure about IOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

IOL is 64k also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by eth0_
    IOL is 64k also

Have they admitted that in public? Anywhere? I certainly failed to find on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You could always *shock horror* ring or mail either of these ISPs and ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    You could always *shock horror* ring or mail either of these ISPs and ask them!

I know where UTV stand. I do not know where ESAT/BT/IOL stand on this. Their website doesn't answer the question. I guess I could phone them ten times, ask if they support 64K ISDN and then see whether YES or NO wins the election. On past performance the people manning ESAT's sales lines were not very well briefed on new product details. I was hoping that someone here would have a link to an IOL web page or press release where it stated unambiguously that 64K ISDN is supported. Obviously thats not the case. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I to am looking into getting ISDN on IOL anytime, but I just cant be bothered ringing up any of ESATS customer support/tech lines and asking as theyll no **** all about it

Ill wait until someone has a definitive answer here or on esats website, then i can believe it

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Originally posted by John2002
    UTV allow 128 K anyway.

erm...........not quite.

I'm assuming you meant UTVip XL / UTVip lite.

Click here for their FAQ on the subject:
    http://u.tv/xlfaq.asp?id=19&loc=ie&t=f

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by andrew163
    erm...........not quite.

I'm assuming you meant UTVip XL / UTVip lite.

Click here for their FAQ on the subject:
    http://u.tv/xlfaq.asp?id=19&loc=ie&t=f

I dunno. I never signed up to any of their subscription accounts and I was able to use dual channel ISDN. Haven't used them in a while but I did about a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

IOL and UTV new 'flat rate' options only support single channel 64k connections.
    UTV's free service supports dual channel 128k as does Eircom.net free service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

iol anytime works on isdn @64k signed up online last friday account activated today.

make sure to give main isdn number as the telephone number from which you will be dialing irrespective of which b-channel you intend to use

• Advertisement
Advertisement