Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini-admins

Options
  • 30-06-2003 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

I just had a thought and I thought I'd share it with the 'crew'....
    Anyway, I think after seeing some spam/dead baby jokes this popped into my head.
    How about granting certain mods, the abitlity to just edit all posts in every forum and thats it, no moving/polls/kicking/banning.
    I think this could be used to cut down on offensive matherial, because as we all know the mods and admins have lives. Once this 'special' mod edits it, he first saves the post, and then he notifies the proper mod of the forum, and shows him the post. The true mod can then do as he sees fit.

Why hasn't anyone replied yet?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There was a discussion recently on this (maybe on the Mod board), and a few problems were identified, as well as a few good points made.

Dunno if any sort of decision has been made, but the main point brough up is that content is pretty well controlled on boards, and there nearly always seems to be someone on hand to look after things, so it's not really needed.

I don't think there's any board that ever seems to be badly moderated or snowed under. Monty's not here all the time, but the prominent position of AH as the lobby of boards.ie means the Admins always have an eye on it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

Why don't you just post our opinions for us?

I hear the Stazi are reforming, maybe you should apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Not a bad idea, and who would you give it to?

Certain people make great Mods on their own boards for who they are ie Personal Issus (smiles/gordon). If someone from some other less sensitive view point come barging in what then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by fisty

Good point there fisty. Without people like yourself and Bubbles the power crazy Admins and mods would have us all in camps making graphics and writing code for nazi forums.

FIGHT TEH POWER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by fisty

Jesus man, every post i read by you, your attacking somebody, not really nice.

As for the moment, i think if someone is banned by three different mods on three different boards, then they should be auto banned from all of boards, untill an admin has a change to review the situation. This would be great for fighting spammer, as individual mods often pick up on them faster then the admins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Wolf
    Not a bad idea, and who would you give it to?

Certain people make great Mods on their own boards for who they are ie Personal Issus (smiles/gordon). If someone from some other less sensitive view point come barging in what then ?

This would just involve deleting pron, and serious, obvious spam and abuse etc.. But I suppose the admins can tell us if its needed.

The forum's topic would not be an issue.

Advertisement