Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol broadband sorted (nearly)

Options
  • 30-06-2003 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Well i must say once you get past the drone,s in customer care thing,s move fast and effective......

Anyway got a call today right when esat said i would explaning what was wrong and why the delay,s my line is now ativated and modem on it,s way to me....

more helpful to the rest of you waiting for broadband it seem,s Esat has gotten its act together and (from what i gathered) a good few line,s are ativated on the 1st or 2nd because of a backlog with eircom.........It seem,s that when customer care says "the modem will be sent with in 3-5 working day,s" they really mean " the line should be ativated in 2 -3 day,s and modem sent after that by dsl" ;) damn customer service drone,s :p

id recomend to those that have gotten the old "modem line" to ring esat tomorrow and ask about your line id say most will be ativated :)

well esat have regained my respect :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

Cool!!

I hope they connect most of us by the end of the week. Hopefully, i can then get onto Xbox Live!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Id like to confirm Bismark's story, I got the same call from Esat today telling me my line has been activated and that the modem is on its way to me.. One thing though.. They told me they themselves arent dealing with the modems being posted out, and that it's through another company- I just told them whatever 3rd parties they go through to get a product out doesnt concern me, and as far as Im concerned, Ive done business with them, and expect the modem within the week from them (unfortunately Im going to be away for the whole of next week, Damn).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

they deal with DSL as far as i recall their a good company no worrys their

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Synkronite
    I just told them whatever 3rd parties they go through to get a product out doesnt concern me, and as far as Im concerned, Ive done business with them
    You're absolutely correct there - your contract is with Esat. If, for example, you were complaining about them to any regulatory body, your complaint would be about Esat, not "3rd party modem postal services Inc"

:D let,s not jump on to a problum that doesnt exist yet lad.s and give them the benfit of the douth untill something crop,s up k? :)

• Advertisement

Anyway, lets hope we get good pings from their service. I want to jump onto Xbox Live when i'm connectted and get a game going with some Irish players

we should seeming they have 48meg of bandwith and netsourse,s only have 12 (i think) .... and it seem,s their finaly getting some what decent ping,s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ok here's the deal. I just read this post and decided to call east. told the nice lady at the other end my situation. She tapped a ferw keys and told me my line is 100% active and that I'll have my modem by Thursday.. about time seen as they told my ages ago that it was posted, guess they sent it via mars..

So for those of you that have got a call regarding ther user name and password at least 2-3 weeks ago, I'd recomend ringing them up to see what the story is..

I'll post up when i get it installed

StokolaN.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Bizmark!!! congrats finally some progress!!!!

Not trying to take everyone down of the high, but I'm just of the phone to ESAT ...I spoke to some doll on da phone, I enquired about the broaband, telling her that I had ordered back in April ....to this she replied 10 day sir..so I told then that I recieved my password about 3 weeks ago, and would she be able to check my line... please....and I was told again 10 days sir and you should have a letter sent out to you.....wtf!!!

So I then said to her that I had been speaking to other clients that had ordered the same time as me....and that they were actually being connected at the moment.....the reply I got was I'm sorry sir but there is a BACK LOG OF 10 DAYS!!!!!!!

now....she wouldnt even take my account number or customer id number....SO HOW THE **** DID SHE KNOW I'LL HAVE TO WAIT 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!
    .............I'LL BE RINGIN G BACK THIS EVENING AND ASKING WHATS THE FUK IS DA STORY!!!

Yeah, i got something like "Eircom has yet to confirm your activation. You will be connectted during this week"

I don't know whether to believe them or not!! Anyway, i think i'll email them again.

My advice is to keep emailing them, rather then phoning them. It just with email they have more time to actually find your details rather then saying anything to get you off the line.

Comeon IOL, "you'll be connectted soon" is not a proper answer. I have also noticed that the broadband customer care is alot different then their other lines, like customer accounts.

I rang customer accounts and they were really helpful but they had to transfer me to broadband line because they don't have all my details until i'm activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

urban ninja
    Why don't you just hook up your xbox, if you have a dsl filter? After all, your line is activated and you have your u/p

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

I believe (from info in the locked thread:confused:) that urban hasn't received his modem! As, for some reason, IOL don't want to send out the modem until the line is activated. Why this can't happen in parallel, I don't know.

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    I believe (from info in the locked thread:confused:) that urban hasn't received his modem! As, for some reason, IOL don't want to send out the modem until the line is activated. Why this can't happen in parallel, I don't know.

Yo, he doesn't *NEED* IOL's modem to use his xbox live stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

IOL should send him the filters then are they a 3rd party issue as well?

M

Originally posted by Muck
    IOL should send him the filters then are they a 3rd party issue as well?

M

I never disputed that fact

I do believe the xbox has an ethernet connector, not an adsl modem. He can connect his ethernet interface to his splitter, but it won't quench his thirst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I presume IOL give out USB modems. In which case, he would have to get some other hardware to use his xbox. Unless he plans on using his PC as a gateway, he shouldn't be waiting on that modem.

good point there pinky

I haven't been activated yet. They haven't given me a straight answer. I don't see how i could connect my xbox up without the modem, as i'm using ICS for connection.

I just want to have my line activated, I'm willing to wait for the modem but the line activation is the biggest problem. Once thats over with, your sorted.

Anyway, after an email yesterday and 2 today, i have yet to receive a reply. Plus one of those emails was sent to a specfic person today. Maybe Eircom is doing work at the moment on my exchange and they are waiting for a call back from them.

Hoepfully, i should have a reply by theis evening or tomorrow morning.

I won't back down IOL!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

They called me yesterday and asked me what user name and password i would like to use. Is that normal? Usually they would give one right?

I only sent the forms off there on friday and they called me on Monday. I asked when will i be online etc and they said 12 days.

So should i keep the faith and believe this or just expect it to be longer than 12 days?

• Advertisement

Yeah, they asked me what name and password did i want. I hope i can remember it. Anyway i am finished my 12 working days and am not connectted, so don't expect to be connectted before then atleast.

But IOL are getting their act together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭M03

I did the same as you ninja.

I sent a mail to a specific person who I have been dealing with and to the generic broadbandteam address and haven't heard a reply.

I've only been waiting 8-9 working days so they probably added me to the bottom of the pile.

I was just checking with them that my application was ok. I don't want to wait 12 days and then hear "Sorry sir you wrote in the 'Do not write in this space' box."

Let's hope that backlog gets cleared and with a bit of luck I might be online by the 11th July.

M03

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

...can you not connect to xbox live over iol broadband?

Guys,

Everytime a post is started regarding the iol broadband connection/customer problems etc....
    Well it keeps straying away from the issue, and the next thing you know were talking about xbox's etc....

..Now maybe i'm just pissed because i am having so much hassle with iol/esatbt but....I keep checking this thread in the hope of encouraging info, not to hear about can I do this or do that...

ask those questions when someone actually gets the product!!!

I WANT MY BROADBAND:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Hey Daz,

The lying scumbags have been giving me the runaround for a month - i complained several times, wrote a "persuasive" letter to this Angela Keegan, and got a reply from her PA, but no substance.
    got my password on the 18 june, and there's this useless moron in the sales dept who promised (PROMISED - thats how i bugged him) me today...ah he loves just loves it when i call him at 0900hrs...
    in short - until i hold that modem in my hands...forgetaboutit...

lad,s i really dont thing their,s any justification to be calling esat "Lieing scumbag,s" right now

They cleary told me their WAS a back log and they are clearing it .

We "people than have been waiting around 4-5 weeks" will be done first i asume it will go down the order from that

Come on wait a while my line is ativated and so in one more here wait a few day,s and many more should 2.........At lest we all know now that people are being ativted

Originally posted by Q_Ball
    ...can you not connect to xbox live over iol broadband?

Course you can. If you read this thread you'd learn that xbox needs an ethernet connection, and as IOL supply a USB modem, you need to use xbox via internet connection sharing, for example, on windows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

bizmark,
    you're right at least we know they started hookin people up,
    but dont forget that we're all paying customers - paying 30 euros more than my buds on the continent -
    to a company that cannot deliver. I would have accepted if they were honest and said "we'll be very late", but giving me different excuses every week? that's lame.

true ancient 1 .

and by all mean,s dont lay off them if they dont deviler (if my modem isnt here tomorrow me and esat will be haveing word,s)................but i just suggesting giveing them a few day,s to clear a few order,s :) then call them if notting happen,s

• Advertisement

Well bizmark I'll be expecting to see a post here tomorrow saying weather or not you got your modem matey...

I've kept a text file on me desktop from the first day of ordering...and ok its not all working days but

I ordered this on da 29th of april and I was told 12 working days.....its now July....some 61 days later.....
    ...me asks meself has it been that long ..OMFG!!!

Also wots da craic with the modem....do you have to be at home when its delivered or wots da story???

BTW I'm in limerick

Advertisement