Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol broadband sorted (nearly)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i douth a broadband modem will fit though your letter box lol

id say if your not their it will be sent to the post office but dont take my word on it

and yes i will post if i get my modem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

Mr Daz,

Its 12 working days from the day you receive your user name and password. Not when you receive the forms or post them.

You received your user name and password on the 18th. you still have 2 working days to go.

So IOL haven't delivered on you yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Hey Ninja, Daz & Bizmark,

today is (apparently) the day. I'll be sitting in work staring out of the window, waiting for the courier to arrive! (wont be holding my breath though, it's been over 30 days)

-you're better off ringing them up and saying u want it delivered to work or wherever u are, coz if you miss the delivery - expect more delays.
    laters.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Actually I recieved my password on the 5th of june urban ninja!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

I was thinking of ringing up and asking what the story is today?? and wait for my ....there is a 10 day delay sir!!!! reply......

to which i would reply surely it must only be 9 days now as it was 10 days yesterday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bizmark
    i douth a broadband modem will fit though your letter box lol

I know what modem they're using, and it'd fit through my letterbox heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Originally posted by eth0_
    I know what modem they're using, and it'd fit through my letterbox heh.

Have you any info about where all the modems are?

Sorry Mr Daz,

I got Ancient 1's date for getting his user name and password mixed up with you.

I think its time to annoy IOL on the phone again.

Has anyone ever seen the simpsons episode where bart wins and Elephant and he kepts shouting at the two DJs "Where's my Elephant??"

Well, IOL prepare for an encore of "Where's my broadband, bitch???"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    Have you any info about where all the modems are?

No, how on earth would I know?
    ninja - charming! :D

eth0_ you know i'm only playing.

I would never say that to them on the line except if they annoyed me. I'm just messing around on the boards.

They still haven't answered my emails and i don't know whether to ring them or not.

• Advertisement

I rang and was told i should receive my modem on the 15th of July. Thats along time. Asked if my line was connectted and she said i could test it now with a modem. But then asked again said it should be done before i receive the modem.

So, another two weeks for me!!

Ninja, Daz, Bizmark
    if you had high hopes (like me) stop reading NOW.
    Realism suddenly overcame my hopes for today and i gave them a ring, and guess what - naturally half the contacts i had in sales are on maternity leave, on a space trip, missing or on lunch - just to avoid me.
    the poor customer service (what an oxymoron) "representative" i got my hands on gave me this answer:
    " yea, i'd say you'll be ok. you should be grand. wouldnt have a clue when its arriving. i'd say the next day or so. I think so, dunno actually. i think so, but dunno for sure..."
    well what did i expect - entirely in line with company policy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭M03

This is just getting worse and worse.

I re-checked my e-mails from esat/iol and I actually gave them my password on Friday 13th June ( they'll probably blame that for losing my account/modem/phone line :rolleyes: ) so today is the 13th/14th working day since they got my password. Still no reply to my emails.

If they don't reply by this time tomorrow I may have to brave a phone conversation with them and judging by Ancient1's experience I won't get much joy from that.

:mad: Arrrgghghhh :mad:

M03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Have my IOL application form filled out and ready to post...
    I'm not so sure about IOL after reading the numerous complaint threads though.

MO3,
    unless you have nerves of steel, i wouldnt call . for what? you'd be attempting to speak to an android programmed to excel in uselessness. (i never managed to get my hands on their emails though, lucky you)

Hey SantaHoe,
    you be the judge. I cant advise for or against, coz i never dealt with esat before. i just know they've been stalling for a month coz of some backlog. i dont think you will have to wait as long, i dont know...might wanna check out some other threads were they arent as negative as we are (if such a thing exists...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Last week, I stayed in london and hoped by the time I got back the modem would be at home and waiting for me. I was wrong of course, I didn't get a chance to ring BT until today.

They told me it has been sent out since yesterday and I should have it by Friday. Hopefully it will be here, yahoo!
    I will post with more information soon so all you people can keep your hopes up :)

It was ages ago when I ordered it, but I got the call for the username/pass 3 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Exiot...when did you order? Was it ages ago or like two weeks ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Well, I recieved my modem this morning, set everything up, and all.. *however* My username/password keeps coming up as inactive. I have rang EsatBT who say they are having technical problems and it wont be sorted until tomorrow morning, and that they're working on it through the night.. The anger........

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO broadband woooooooooo hooooooo

i love it :D its finaly on

Synkronite
    put @iolbb after your username ok and use all lower case for your pass and username

ie ............... bob@iolbb :)

k m8 try it and tell me how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Hey hey Biz m8 :)

Im out here in sunneh Malloca place... just dropped in to see if you got it ;) Me all happy for ya, and me of course.. maybe there is hope now for all us IOL BB customers in the waiting.. Anyways give us a run donw on the pings and download rates plssss :P

can u ping cs.irelandcs.com

and clarity.joly.co.uk

Thanks a load, and talk to yas later or when I get back

Adzzzy.

• Advertisement

hmmmmmmmmmmm at the moment pings etc are ****

well over 500ms to both

however i was told iol where haveing network problums or something :rolleyes:
    i hope it doesnt stay like this :o seeming i am the only person on the damn network it seems lol

Congrats Bizmark!!
    you must be the first in the country!
    just dont get too drunk celebrating, and fall over the modem or sumpin...:D

well anicent to be honest
    1000 ms ping to game server,s on gamespy isnt broadband in my eye,s

the modem doesnt seem to get above 48kbs up and 78kbs down

pritty bad m8 pritty bad time will tell if it gets better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

48kbs up and 78kbs down

:p thats funny man..im sorry. Hopefuly it will get better otherwise i know you wont be paying your bill.

oh man, that sucks...more bad news for today?
    i dunno, i think these guys should run for government instead of trying to roll out broadband...

lol :D

its new ill give them the benfit of the douth because they did/do (so the techy said) have network trouble

but your 2 right if it doesnt get good soon im not paying for a service far worse on pings than netsmart 56k :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Netsource starting to look good Bizmark??? oops sorry ur locked into a 12 month contact:)

Just taking the piss, its only launching so theres bound to be be a bit of technical problems. Give them a week or 2 to iron things out and i'm sure they'll have the same pings and speed as eircom. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you after your long wait.

talla :) ya muppet leave me alone or ill break down crying after the waiting lol

na ill give them time im sure that their must be some problums (i bloody hope)

their,s ways around a contract (ie not paying lol)

bizmark, talla
    i was tormenting this customer serv rep today, trying to explain to her that im not paying them 12, but 11 months, and she says: "dats grand, just cancel next summer"
    you're damn right, i have u on record!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ugggh! This ain't good. Just when Netsource get sorted out and get decent, I have to get shunted onto IOL. (Xbox Live ambassador program - I can't resist 6 months free BB :D ) But keep us posted Biz. It sounds like it's not worth the free offer! LOL.

Advertisement