Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol broadband sorted (nearly)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

lol thats funny.. me just hopes I dont run in to any of that crap soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

hi bizmark and Daz,
    thanks for your condolences and sympathy, i really need a shoulder to cry on after today. (bizmark i didnt know u're in touch with the higher echelons of power - must PM you:D ). Anyways, after some persistence (i am very good at that, but wont reveal what i do for a livin...) i got a sales manager to return my call! I mean, c'mon, even YOU would if you read my letter....well - MY LINE HAS NOT BEEN CONVERTED - THAT'S RIGHT -NOT!!!! after 26 reassurances that it has....
    in my previous diatribe i promised i would never deal with them again - but i am sure you'll understand if i send the courier's head back with compliments. (its just a little something we do where i come from...) let me know how u get on.
    Adren - dont tell me you only applied?? oh boy...MEDIC, MEDIC, WE NEED A PARAMEDIC HERE!!!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

20 working days down since getting my username and password. They said I'll receive it by the end of this week. Yeah right, I've heard that a few times by now. To be fair they do have about 6 1/2 working hours to go until the week is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Like Ancient1 im getting a bit fed up with IOL.. after i was told on the 1st of this month that my modem was posted the day before and that i should have it within 2 days IOL time..
    its now 10 days from that call and still no modem but i did get a nice letter welcoming me to IOL Broadband and thats about all it said "welcome" so I chased after the postman this morning asking if he had my modem :P in the hope that it was too big to fit in the letter box and he had it in his bag.. But he didn't he just deleviers letters!!
    So i rang IOL got a foreign lady, who then transferred me to another lady who then after 10min of trying to find my account said "Yes your line is active and you should have your modem early next week." (if i hear that statment once more im gona fraek)

So im now off to greece for 2 weeks and if my modem hasn't arrived by the time i get back IOL are going to get a nice letter telling the where to shove there broadband!

I hope others will have better luck...

StokolaN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

Forget about getting your modem today, I was supposed to get it yesterday, so I just called them and was told I won't get it before monday tuesday....

Told me deliveries were postponed, for some reason only known by themselves

Weird they weren't aware of that when I called 2 days ago.

This is really getting on my nerves, I subscribed end of may and have my login and password since 5 of June.

Btw do they bill from the time the line is converted or from the first connexion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭M03

Just to follow on from Sarn,Stokolan and Fabre, I rang IOL this morning. I was told last Friday that I would have my modem by now. (Username and Password was supplied on 13 June).

The very helpful lady said that the courier has my modem but they suffered a power cut and subsequent data loss and so I won't receive my modem until mon-tues next week.

So anyone expecting a modem today will have to face at least one more 56k weekend. :eek:

Don't shoot the messenger. ;)

M03

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

bunch of ****ing lie,s

im glad i have my iol bb but crist people your been takeing for a ride and the person rideing you in a massive 18 foot tall muscle bound esat!

STOP BLEAVEING THEM! Dont take "power failer" as a answer its smells fishy more fishy than the irish sea

you all need to start calling them and makeing ww2 look like a friendly afaire you have been waiting long anuff and its just not bloody right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

At this stage I think I'm going to give up on IOL and give UTV my custom. My username etc was registered on 11 June, and during several phone calls they told me that Eircom had caused delays but everything was set up and I'd have my modem in a few days. Earlier this week I caught them out and they admitted that they hadn't even bothered to pass my details over to Eircom until the 30 June. I left a message on the sales supervisor's phone on Tuesday afternoon which was never returned, and yesterday I sent an email to the director of residential business. They have until Monday afternoon to reply to me, otherwise I'm gone. I could have lived with the long wait, but the fact that they blatantly lied to me really pisses me off, and then they ignore me when they get caught out.

ugh im feeling sick after reading that.. I dont want to wait a month to get broad band.. and that looks like the minimum by everyone so far.. Though since the line seems to be activated in the 12 working days (provided they actually sent the details on to eircom) I think I might just purchase my own modem.. and connect up should be much quicker no?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Somebody should really email them and tell them to check out this forum/thread. It is terrible publicity they are getting here and it might make them shape up or ship out.

Chief.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Chief,

I have been doing just that. I have been emailing Esat's CEO and IOL broadband's product manager with a link to the forum.

It has helped me get my modem earlier and now i have a direct number to ring rather then the sales line.

I would be connectted today but their is a fault with my exchange and Eircom have guranteed IOL 99% that i will be connectted first thing on monday.

I have already done so 162 post of how they have fuged every one around ...... hmmmmm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

How is it that companies can be so irresponsible and still succeed in this country? any other country and they would be ****en crushed.

can some 1 through us up a more responsive e mail address that the standard customer care one pls??? Thanks.

Adzzzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Fabre

This is really getting on my nerves, I subscribed end of may and have my login and password since 5 of June.

Btw do they bill from the time the line is converted or from the first connexion?

From the day the account goes live on their system, thats the 5th of June in your case.

If you email Bill Murphy you can get a rebate on that .

M

Muck,
    what do you mean you can get a rebate? i wrote a letter to them saying we can make a deal (let me first mention that my contract was supposed to run til next June - i signed 30 May - and they'll be billing me til mid-July), if they can basically take that one extra month (paid, for which im not getting service coz i will have left here), and cut that amount out of my 90yoyo installation fee.
    i think im the only sucker who doesnt have anyone's email address? damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

My dear friend Aggie has sorted out some glaring bloopers in her day....but dont call her Aggie. She is their Head of Communications.

una.mcgirr@esat.com

Just for you Ancient1 :D

Muck,

Who is Bill Murphy?

Muck,

pints are on me!:D (they actually have a head of communications...where has she been all my life)
    Fabre,
    as far as i know bill is the head honcho.

Well I don't have his email so I wrote to the guy who set up my account begining of june.

I need your help, as you can see in your previous mail my BB account has been created the 6th of June.
    But to this day I still haven't received the modem.

When I subscribed in may I was told the modem would ship end of may, then I was told begining of june, then you told me mid-june, seeing nothing coming my way I called on several occasion, and was told each time I would receive it within the next 2 to 3 days.
    Today I called, again, and, again, was told I should receive the modem on monday-tuesday.

I am fully aware ,that sadly I am not the only one in this situation:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103327
    This very message will be posted on that forum and so will be your answer.

Can you please confirm that I won't be billed since the 6th of june date on which my account was created nor will I be billed for any day before receiving the modem.
    Also a reliable delivery date would be more than appreciated.

Obviously any commercial gesture from your side would also be appreciated and needed.

And in answer to your "Welcome to IOL Broadband from esat BT" letter
    NO, I really don't enjoy my broadband experience.

Regards

---
    Fabre

PS: Please forward this email to your customer care if there is such a service.

• Advertisement

Way to go Fabre!
    They wont bill you until you have your line up and running and your modem is delivered, but this is how i see it - you signed the contract in may, so technically you're on 12 months from then until next may. Technically. But you'll be indebted to them from (whenever they bill you) say, mid July, instead of May, until next July.
    It is this inaccuracy that pisses me off and that esat cannot fully explain themselves.
    I am in the same situation as you - you applied even earlier than me - so i hope you get sorted on monday.

hello... :)

I'm a little annoyed.. but I think its because of sending an email to a wrong address (I hope) Just wondering.. I sent an email to a customercare@esatfusion.ie I think it was something along that line.. Anyways.. its been 3 days and no reply from that address.. Is that an old email address.. or if not is there a more responsive email address I can send my questions to?? Broad band related of course..

Regards,

-Coz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Fabre
    Muck,

Who is Bill Murphy?

A quick search of the intarweb would tell you he's the CEO of Esat BT. That means he's the head honcho, Fabre.

Adren - you could mail the person who's address Muck posted a few posts up from this :)

or you could email Bill Murphy!!

Esat email address go like this:

Firstname.Lastname@esat.com

remember to put the first letter of the first and last name in capitals

Originally posted by clownboy

remember to put the first letter of the first and last name in capitals

That makes no difference whatsoever. This isn't 1995 you know, email isn't case sensitive anymore :)

:eek: WHAT it isnt 1995 !!!!!! sweet jesus almight iv wasted my life :p

you could also try pat mccabe he,s head of home products (or something along those lines)

remember people though no harsh emails if its one sure way that they wont help you its to call them a bunch of assholes etc............. Be nice :)

etho_ always seems to have pmt but she does work for Esat.

Anyway, it does because if you send it without the capitals it won't deliver.

Trust me!!!

Originally posted by clownboy

Anyway, it does because if you send it without the capitals it won't deliver.

Strange, I emailed bill.murphy@esat.com (all in lower case) this week, and it delivered fine...what mailer daemon error message did you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by eth0_
    That makes no difference whatsoever. This isn't 1995 you know, email isn't case sensitive anymore :)
    Ah well now that depends. There are still people out there using old mail servers for delivery
    <cough>
    parts of Irish government
    </cough>
    for example.

It's like saying there are no horse-drawn carriages any more. Kind of right most of the time but not to be relied on in court and all that.

The case never made a difference to the domain part of the mail address, though there was talk of it for a while.

Unix still sees a difference between A and a. Bad programmers don't account for it.

You're totally right on one part though: it isn't 1995 any more.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sceptre
    Ah well now that depends. There are still people out there using old mail servers for delivery
    <cough>
    parts of Irish government
    </cough>
    for example.

As I implied, I know it used to be the case that email addresses were case sensitive back in the day, but I haven't come across instances of this in a very very long time. But eh, I could easily believe the gov are using antiquated mail servers :)
    Sending emails in brown envelopes to the government are you :P

And as I said, I emailed bill during the week with the address all in lower case and got no daemon error back to me.

Advertisement