Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the Beef with this chief????

Options
  • 01-07-2003 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Upgraded to Internet explorer 6.0.2800.1106 tonight, and now this http://members.boards.ie/smiles/boards.jpg is happening...... any ideas? Sorry about size of image etc. Refer to the menu bar at the top:)

John
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

When did this start? we had this recently and thought we had fixed it...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Like I say happened when I installed explorer 6.0 last night around midnight.......... Doesn't affect the the running of the boards, just makes it really hard to see all the menu items.

John

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What exact version of IE are you using?

This is feckin weird as we had EXACTLY that problem with a load of other people. Tracked it down to the menus and loaded a new menu system up and it fixed it in all cases.

/me scratches his head.

DeV.

I'm using 6.0.2800.1106, Cipher Strength 128, Update versions SP1, Q313829, Q330994, Q818529....... its the latest version of explorer downloaded from the microsoft site, with the auto update tool. Thats all the information I can give you....... its all it says in the about box

John

Moving to Feedback for collective brain-thinking.

Anyone else getting this??

We were getting it before but we fixed all of those with one update and figured that we had nailed it...

The fact that you seem to be using the very latest IE6 (thats correct, right?) is worrying....

I'm stumped... but then tech isnt really my thing...

Its also suspicious that the scroll box tickertape thing is the same
    as the one we support for desktops...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm using the exact same version of IE6.

6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633, Cipher Strength: 128-bit, Update versions:; SP1; Q324929; Q810847; Q813951; Q813489; Q330994; Q818529;

... and every single feature of Boards.ie works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Try deleting all your cached boards files and cookies and see if it keeps happening

Deleted history, cookies and all offline content...... its still there!

John

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Its time for CuLTs default option!:

Reinstall windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Java settings? What are yours and Beards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I did see this on a pc running IE6 on NT4 once. But IE was generally screwed up on it and I got around it by creating a new profile for the user.

So if you're using nt4, windows 2000, or windows XP try create a new user and log in with it and see if it still happens.

If you're using win98 or win95 get some upgrade skilz ;). If you're running win98se or WinME boot to dos and run scanreg and restore a previous registry after backing up your current one of course.

Also, it could be a symtom of some spyware, so download ad-aware from www.ad-aware.com if you haven't already.

hth

I'll be buying a new computer in a month or two so I'm not going to fork out money for windows 2000, plus I don't think it'd run on the piece of ****. Will survive until I get the new computer, TBH it doesnt bother me I was just letting people know. Cheers anyway.

John

Originally posted by Gordon
    Java settings? What are yours and Beards?

Whatever the default ones are in Windows XP sp1, Geardon.

:p

Default for Win 98......

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

could it have anything to do with the google bar?

Do you have any other "browser helpers" installed?

I have the Google bar installed too. That makes absolutely no difference to how pages are rendered.

Do you get similar results when you use another browser?

Doesnt happen with opera 7.1......... then again I dont really like opera:(

John

Appears just to happen with IE.... On mozilla now, nothing wrong with it either.

John

Well.... I didnt think I'd ever type this on Boards but: I dunno what to say...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Happened to me last nite (monday) around 11, ie6 win98. Just restarted the browser, seems fine now.

• Advertisement

Lump... are you running the ticker tape thing at all? (You know, the boards last 20 ticker thing?)

DeV.

Advertisement