Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd-writer

• 01-07-2003 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    im getting a dvd writer soon and i was wondering IS there any difference between a dvd-rw and a dvd+rw writer besides one cant use the others media and the media price is a bit different, yes ii have googles this and thats the main answer i got besides a load of technical mumbo jumbo (like disc wavelength) that makes no sense to me
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

To be honest both formats have their advantages and disadvantages. However my adice would be buy a writer that burns both formats. That way you won't be left with an obsolete burner if/when one of the format becomes redundent. You could buy the NEC 1300 from Komplett. I have bought this drive myself but it is picky with -R discs (cheap discs genrally don't work) however you might be better picking up a new pioneer 106 drive which burns both formats. You can pick it up at digital promotions in the UK for £174.95.

Make sure to check which format your DVD player is compatible with before you buy a drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i would recomend you getting a cheap 105 off svp thats what i am doing instead of getting a a more expensive drive. by this think next year you will be able to get x12 drives for about €100 its the same when cd-rw came out realy expensive then within 2 years they came down 80% in price.but if u must have the latest technology then go ahead

Advertisement