Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford tycor Exchange

• 01-07-2003 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I've been onto the eircom tech support, and each time i get different response, from what i can gather, the tycor exchange should be done anytime between the end of the summer and the year 3048.

I've scoured around searching for availability in waterford for broadband, and even though my line is deemed fit for broadband, my local exchange is not, so that leaves any form of DSL out of the picture. I also believe that NTL has only rolled out their cable service in selective Dublin areas, biased bitches.

In Dungarven, cablesurf run's residential cable lines, and what is annoying is that waterford is 10 times bigger than dungarven, but our broadband availability is less.

Does anybody have any idea, when, for fact (or near fact) of when the tycor exchange will be done. Somebody should of made 56k connections extinct 5 years ago.

All the promises of advanced technology by our local TD's have not come true. Waterford is being left behind while the rest of Ireland moves on, even kilkenny has broadband.

Yes this post is somewhat bitchy, but i am getting annoyed with the lack of announcements of availability for broadband in Ireland. If you don't live in Dublin, you may aswell sleep for 10 years and hope that something is done in that time.

And they are getting rid of the 1billion Euro EU budget because Ireland is on par with the rest of Europe? What a crock of ****, Dublin is, the rest of Ireland isn't.

Once again, sorry for the negativity, and this isn't a flame at Dublin, but the politics behind it. Anyways, does anybody have an answer on my original question?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have broadband in waterford and I live in Cherrymount. ESATBT are my suppliers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Both the Central and Tycor exchange in Waterford are enabled for Esat BT Broadband and have been since around November afaik.

I know of plenty of people with DSL using either one of the exchanges in the city.
    Don't believe me? please see http://www.esatbt.com/ie/products/access/dsl/index_Availability.html

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Tycor will be upgraded with eircom by the end of the summer is what im being told. Both waterford and tyocor def have esat enabled but a 512 line will set you back 90 + vat pm.

There is another option however. .. check out waterford.irishwan.org ...there is currently a network being built around waterford and BB internet access is due to follow shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

Thanks for the replys.
    Both waterford and tyocor def have esat enabled but a 512 line will set you back 90 + vat pm.

I thought EsatBt dropped the prices to 49? Correct me if i'm wrong here. I'll look into it first thing tomorrow. once again, thanks for the replys..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

yes they have indeed dropped the price to 49 euro, but there only offering the 90 euro a month product out of there own exchanges in waterford main and tycor, the 49 euro product is only offered out of eircoms dlsams im afraid youll have to wait

to kensutz

ye lucky bastard, im behind ye in viewmount and well ye know the rest sigh

regards

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yeah the €90+Vat a month charge is for there 512/256k uncapped Business product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by XbLaDe
    Tycor will be upgraded with eircom by the end of the summer is what im being told.
    I think it has been upgraded in the l;ast few days - or so a little birdy told me..

Advertisement