Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fee for Emergency Ambulance?

Options
  • 01-07-2003 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

If someone rings the emergency number for an ambulance (in the case of an emergency); is there a charge levied for the ambulance?

(Assuming the person is not a medical card holder)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

i think there would be the same charge as if you showed up at the A+E in person (i.e., a very small levy).

However, I'm not sure. It would be worth ringing the accounts receivable department of one of the A+E hospitals and asking to find out for sure.

a.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I don't think there's a charge if it's a genuine ermegency. I once dislocated my knee and, as I couldn't move an inch, I had to call an ambulance. Don't remember being charged at all.
    However, if you call one just to get a lift, they'd probably charge you and moan like a taxi driver.

Advertisement