Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwan tour dates cancelled

Options
  • 01-07-2003 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

got this from the BBC website-

Zwan tour dates cancelled
    Last updated 13 June 2003

Zwan have cancelled all of their remaining tour dates for family reasons.

The band were due to play Glastonbury, Witnness and T In The Park, as well as headline gigs in London and Manchester.

List of cancelled dates:

June 27 Glastonbury, UK - Glastonbury Festival
    July 9 Brixton, UK - Brixton Academy
    July 10 Manchester, UK - Manchester Apollo
    July 12 Glasgow, UK - T in the Park
    July 13 Dublin, Ireland - Witnness Festival

NNNNNOOOOO!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Think there is already a thread with this on it - I get to miss them for the second time this summer at Witnness next week. I think they owe me money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

What was the reason for the cancelation? Please don't tell me 'personal reasons'?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Some kind of Family issue apparently. This happened at least two weeks ago.

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

This is old news. This happened in the middle of June (see "last updated 13 June 2003" on your post).

While I will miss them at Witnness (and in turn makes the festival pretty sparse), I think positively for two reasons.

a) I get to see The Datsuns at Witnness (in my proposed clash scale)
    and
    b) It's highly likely that Zwan will have to return to Europe (especially the UK) in return for the cancelled dates. Billy Corgan usually doesn't leave Ireland out of a tour of Europe, and he also likes the Olympia Theatre.

I would prefer a headlining show than a festival appearance. Just wait a while and good things will come for you.

Advertisement