Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roadsign identification

Options
  • 01-07-2003 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

A question for you all

On the grand canal outside dolphin's barn fire station, there is a pair of road signs which I cannot identify.

Each one looks like a clearway sign (red circle with bar through it). Within the circle there is also a silhouette of a the upper half of a body: It look likes they're coughing their lungs out.

What do the signs mean? Are they a joke?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

no smoking ?

he, i made a funneh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

No Swimming

Normally found around lock chambers on the canal and erected to cover Waterways Ireland's arse after people decided that diving into lock chambers was an intelligent idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

are you sure?

it's across the road from the canal, and it has hours on it similar to a clearway sign. It looks like someone got a stencil of a person and spraypainted on a logo onto a clearway sign using black paint. thats why i thought it might be a joke.

if i had to guess it would be no coughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I've seen them too, sometimes nowhere near water. It looks like someone printed up a bunch of clever stickers - I think I saw some on parking hours notices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Sorry, it's obviously something different then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement