Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EvE

• 01-07-2003 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

Dont suppose many playing this here?
    I played the Beta and wasnt too impressed at all, however i am enjoying it more now in the little time i have to play it.

Now im wondering if anyone else here plays it? or if you got any hints for me :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Yea, I'm playing EVE atm... and thoroughly enjoying it. Been PK'd once, so far, by the infamous Corp called "MOo", and thankfully escaped without losing any skills... increased the bounty on the PK's head just make myself "feel" better. ;)

Well, since I've invested so much time into one of my Alts, the other two have just become "nickname holders".

Ingame name is "Lughe Silverhand". (Desert Rats Corp.) Usually online most nights. Couple of Corps are getting together over the week to "strip mining" some very unsafe regions of space (PC, & NPC Pirate haunts). Gona be fun... and mostlikely expensive. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Played beta. Bought it, but haven't actually got round to installing due to netsource issues and waiting for it to stabilise. I see from eve-i.com that numbers are steadily increasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hehe yer m00 are back in my region of space too, aint run into em yet (dreading it, my poor Iblis! :p )

As i said im only starting, tho i have some friends who are trying to help me out a bit.
    Ingame: Shandrakor

On most nights at some point tho not usually for long periods...so little time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I've been playing since about a week after retail.
    I'm in a thorax training to use a Dominix(which my corp is buying the bp for)

Ship's my corp builds:
    Vexor
    Stabber
    Maller
    Thorax
    Armageddon
    Celestis
    Mammoth
    Bestower
    Iteron MkII
    Tristan
    Imicus
    Atron
    Navitas

If any of you need one of them, I can get them for mineral price for ya

<Alyssia Vendred in game

Ohh Celt nice one, ill get back to ya at some point :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭paddyman

Yep also playing eve since beta and am hopelessly addicted.

The game is amazing and the last week has been the best, me(play as same name Paddyman) and 2 other's started our own corp called The Atlantic Corporation. We were members of the late FoA(Federation of assasions) but our CEO was a clown and was running our corp into the ground and screwing our members, his name was TankCE0(u's might have read about it), so we had a meeting and decided we are leaving and took all our blueprints and minerals and made our own corp.
    Our former CEO has been sending threats that he's going to "make u pay 5X for what u did" but nothing yet :). We are recruiting at the moment if anyone here is looking for a good corp to join, we have MOA,Thorax,exchecqor original BP's as well as indi,frigate,ammo,modules etc. So plz contact me in game if ur interested.

Celt what corp are u in, thats a nice amount of bp's u's have there.

The Foundation

might get in touch paddyman... if i can get the game working.

Downloaded the patch last night, went to install it (auto)...it said it failed.

Then tried to load eve up again. Get the first screen (the yellowish one) and after that nothing happens. Was well pissed off.

Guess ill have to re-install.
    BAH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

hey B-K-DzR,

i had the same problem last night i started the game last night and it went to update the patch to the latest version..
    it downloaded ok but crashed during the update on file 7. so i re-downloaded the patch manually and ran it. It frooze around the same spot but i just left it off and it finally finnshed.. i was up dateing from version 1077 to the latest (cant remember number)

so id recomend going to the eve web site http://www.eve-online.com and getting the patch you need and update manually..

StokolaN

ah nice one.
    Hadnt thought of that.
    Will give it a go.

• Advertisement

Try patching in safe mod according to www.eve-i.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 blueforest

This game looks great, and I'm thinking of picking it up once I get hooked up with DSL toward the end of the month. Related to that, I have one query - do any of you guys know how bandwidth intensive this game is? My DSL bandwidth usage will be capped to 5GBs a month..I'd say most here are in a similar situation? Anyone have any idea how much bandwidth this game uses over 1 hour, or 2 or 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I've been playing since beta, bu for the past 4-5 weeks havent got chance to knock it on.
    If you guy's see me there say hello

The name is: Zarik Wan

See u all in Eve.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

I don't have a ****in clue what i'm doing.
    good fun tho :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by ShevY
    I don't have a ****in clue what i'm doing.
    good fun tho :p

yeah i was like that for a while.. i then got into a corp with some good ppl who should me a few tricks and helped me out a lot. you should try joing a corp makes a big differance

Has anyone recommendations on any specific corps to join and not to join.. I've been playing the game for ages and havent joined a corp yet. So I'm wondering which corp should I look to join. Or is it pretty much down to what type of career path I take.

had no time recently to play this :|

might err scrape some of ur ships paint over the weekend with my super iblis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭paddyman

zekiel: I know of a great corp to join, its called the atlantic corporation :).

seriously though if ur looking to join one gives us a bell in game(same name). Your more than welcome to join us.

Cheers paddyman:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Originally posted by blueforest
    ...do any of you guys know how bandwidth intensive this game is? ...

It's about 1.5MB per hour. Running two accounts on the same pc, along with timespeak, I average 6.0MB per hour. There have been several occasions, while playing, that my ISP has cut me off due to the game's "lack" of bandwidth use.

(Note: figures above are for both upload & download usage over the same hour. Pure download only, on a single account, should average at 1.0MB per hour)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 blueforest

Thanks Nobody! That's pretty low bandwidth usage..I'll very likely pick this up once my DSL is switched on. Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

im fecking pissed off at this game at the mo ive been playing for about 3 weeks now and i lost my fighting ship to the cops . a well ill have to find more stuff to mine .

tis hard u know

Yeah the game is hard and slow going.. but it has that addictive elelment about it. I've been playing since beta.. stopped for a while and only in the past couple of weeks have got back into it.

I havent got around to joining a corp, been working on skills and getting better ships at the moment. Although at the mo I'm looking at corps.. they say that when you join a corp the game becomes a hell of a lot better.

If anyone is in the game, give me a shout

zarik wan is the name.. :) see you lot in eve.

Plus at the moment I'm considering building an eve website for the irish community. Anyone think this would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Just installed the game, have an Imi and 800k in the bank after 2 days.

Been doing allot of gang mining, 500k for a few hours work and getting my skill levels up.

Im a total miner though, no weapons or attack drones yet.

I want a battleship.... mmmmm.... 120million

I think an irish site would be good too, but only if it had some sort of function like recruitment, mining gangs, corps etc

Good ideas stan:D.. Anyone got anything else they would like to see on an irish based eve site?

guides to the best way to rake it in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

irish dont strike me as miners in real life, so why should you be a miner in EvE. why dont you get a massive cargo ship and transport wines all over the galaxy? :)

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

I got my hand on eve last week, got it going on friday, I found it hard to get in to. I made a few mistakes ... like spending 38k on a skill I aready had. but I've recoverd and after playing last night I've got a Probe and now I'm a little happer.

Stan you in a corp?
    Skills seem to be a problem for me... I guess I wasted the first few day but I dont have the skills lvls needed for BIG ships.
    Originally posted by STaN
    Just installed the game, have an Imi and 800k in the bank after 2 days.

Been doing allot of gang mining, 500k for a few hours work and getting my skill levels up.

Im a total miner though, no weapons or attack drones yet.

I want a battleship.... mmmmm.... 120million

I think an irish site would be good too, but only if it had some sort of function like recruitment, mining gangs, corps etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Originally posted by Nobody
    It's about 1.5MB per hour. Running two accounts on the same pc, along with timespeak, I average 6.0MB per hour. There have been several occasions, while playing, that my ISP has cut me off due to the game's "lack" of bandwidth use.

(Note: figures above are for both upload & download usage over the same hour. Pure download only, on a single account, should average at 1.0MB per hour)

Hum two copys?
    do you have two accounts? or does it let you log on twice with one ? I find that when I alt+tab the game never comes back, and according to people i've talked to in game this is pretty common.
    you ever have this problem?

• Advertisement

you should try alt + enter...

it switches it between fullscreen mode and window'd mode

Advertisement