Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EvE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I'm subscribed now too ( Damn you Zekiel - my life will never be the same again )

:D Thats what ya get for sitting beside me at i19!

BigEjit its down to personal preference really and what direction you may want to take in the game. Have a read through the forums on eve-i.com or the eve-online.com home site.

Guys when you are in game, stick around in channel irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Originally posted by zekiel

Guys when you are in game, stick around in channel irish.

Has proved to be quite useful, that..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have found out that the first skills you should train are learning and intelligence... I've about halved the time needed for skills (with int and learning at lev 3) ...

[edit]
    not all skills, just some ... :rolleyes:
    [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

This talk has got me all excited so I went and had a look at the site wow looks fu*king great so i want to sign up could someone send me a buddy key to kappar @ hotpop.com

€14.95 does seem a bit steep for us student though but if it's good i suppose i'll pay it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

€14.95 does seem a bit steep for us student though but if it's good i suppose i'll pay it

I thought the same thing when I was paying for SWG... however.. you should see it this way:

Most new games cost 50 euros.
    For 50 euros you can play for 4 months, if you pay 3 months + 1 month.

How many new games do you buy for 50 euros that you play almost everyday for 4 months?
    I would buy a game or so a each month, but after getting SWG, I don't think I'm gonna buy any games for a while.

I used to be fairly addicted to UT2K3 (and I thought I was one of the better UT2K3 Insta players around), but after SWG I don't even care that UT2K4 is out :)

• Advertisement

That is a good way of thinking about it.

Thanks,

P.S.

Anyone got a buddy code? kappar@hotpop.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by Kappar
    That is a good way of thinking about it.

Thanks,

P.S.

Anyone got a buddy code? kappar@hotpop.com

Code Sent :D enjoy

Originally posted by Stokolan
    Code Sent :D enjoy

Thnaks, but it hasn't come wonder if you could send it again.

kappar@hotpop.com

Key sent kappar :D

Key sent kappar

Thanks, guys.

Do they usually take this long to arrive cause i haven't got either of them yet.
    Should I try a different email address? I don't see why that would help though cause I am getting other email sent to that address.

• Advertisement

its a bit strange if you havent got one yet, so I would say it would be best to try an alternative email address.

Hold on just though about it could my spam filter be deleting it? I'm really sorry to ask but could someone please send it once more.

buddy key sent again. :cool:

buddy key sent again. :cool:

Thanks, Yeah I got it that time my spam filter was deleting them. :rolleyes:

Hope to see you in the game.

Guys I've made the eve-ireland site live, There is still work to do but you can head over sign up for an account and contirbute towards content it you would like.

www.eve-ireland.com is the addy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Cool,

Looks great Zekiel

Good job!

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

looks sweet - just signed up

Pld

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

re: eve-ireland.com

Maybe brighten up the background behind the main body's of text a bit - its a bit hard to read

Fair play ... a lot of work went into it ... nice polished look to it

So in relation to the buddy keys I've dished out over the past couple of weeks, how many of you actually continued?

• Advertisement

ehhhh - me :)

and I died last night :/

my beautiful merlin was taken out in no time flat by 3 rats. feckers fired their missiles at me before I could get close enough to lock em, and then when i did get close enough, it was just a little too close :/

man those pods fly slow

Bio

Me, I have 1 month payed up.

Ahh Bio, tis a shame to here you died, although its something that will happen a fair bit.. Two tips if and when you are going to be getting yourself into a little danger.

1. Insure your ship up to atleast the amount you paid.
    2. Make sure your clone is up to date regarding skill points.
    3. make sure your ship has some sort of repairing modules attached.

ehh thats all I can think of! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I'm still playing on and off :)

I'm hanging around the place as well

Thats good to hear lads.

You might have heard about earth and beyond by EA Games.. its now been closed leaving thousands of mmorpg players stranded and a lot of them are moving to eve-online, this is likely to make the game the biggest mmorpg next to everquest and UO.. I'm looking forward to seeing the influx and the increase .. in fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I have been playing for the last couple of days. Is there any Irish corporation? :)

sess drop into channel irish in game and have a chat with the lads there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Ive also just started into my week trial, had a good laugh last night on an organised mining trip with some guys from the newbie corp :)

Names 'Van Snaga' in game and Ive already popped into 'Irish' so Ill be seeing you all around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kolobos

lo peeps, just started boards.
    ive been playing eve for about 10 months now and there is room for ever1 in the corp im in if any 1 is interested.we got 193 members at the mo and we r still growing, ill be checking the boards, but wont be online playing much due to the bastards in uni giving us exams. and keep playing, this game rocks
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Any news paddy or others?

Well, the new castor patch was applied yesterday. Rats are now harder. A Belt that housed spawns of 2 * 35k and 4 * 10k is now home to 1 *75k and 4 * 12.5k. Rats now have interceptors that will warp and web ya. Frigates can no longer use torpedoes or cruise missiles. I reckon rare ore prices will go through the roof........

loads of other stuff in the patch

details here

interesting times ahead indeed :)

Bio

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

anyone wanna give me dome isk's in game im dead poor

Any news paddy or others?

Nah celt paddy has moved on afaik, he is playing lineage 2 now I think.

For those that used to play, besides some additional patches and slight graphical enhancements the game is very much the same since it was released... this is unfortuntely one of the reasons I've been playing it in drips and drabs.. I cant seem to find that spark that I once had in the game.
    I've joined Bio's corp and this is a slight change of pace, I'll see how it goes.. but the game deffinitely needs something more.. otherwise I think I might have to say bye bye.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Stokolan

yeah it aint changed much yet this year :( but hopefully the new shiva patch will be deployed soon™ and we'll get a nice change to the game :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Good point dezi.

There are two things that keep me playing eve.

1) Co-operating and working with friends

2) Acquisitiveness, collecting rare guns, isk, BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭paddyman

Hey hey lads,

Aye, its true ive moved on for the MOMENT and am playing lineage 2, but im still paying the eve account, and am training skills, just waiting for some new content and stuff.

It just got to the stage where i'd done it all b4 and it gets repetitive, how many times have i killed the regional alliances at this stage i dont know, i even wrote a little pvp guide if u all wanna read it

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=83133

however i couldn't leave the game yet, still probably the best ive ever played, and still has alot of potential, some of the new shiva features are awesome(if they ever get around to them), and will add a good spark to the game.

ive quit m0o for now, but still talk to the lads on ts and hopefully will be back with them a little before shiva to get ready for it.

Till then, pod ya later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Im taking a break for a short while...galaxies has been much more intereasting lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

how does the trial work ? You just sign up and download ?

Someone sends you a buddy key.. essentially its a serial code that gives your the ability to play the game for 7 days.. after which you can choose the put in your CC details and pay to play.. 50 yoyo's a month.
    To get a buddy key ask someone to send you one, they need your email address and away you go!.
    You will also need to download the client from the website, its about 500mb.

If you want a buddy key sent, pm your email address and I'll send ya one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

ah well i did play this for 3 days during my trial, got hoelessly addicted, now unfortunately havent got anyway to pay for it lol, dont own a ccard and the pay by cash system is way to expensive

But i enjoyed my time playing eve was a brilliant game and well worth playing

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Someone sends you a buddy key.. essentially its a serial code that gives your the ability to play the game for 7 days.. after which you can choose the put in your CC details and pay to play.. 50 yoyo's a month.
    To get a buddy key ask someone to send you one, they need your email address and away you go!.
    You will also need to download the client from the website, its about 500mb.

If you want a buddy key sent, pm your email address and I'll send ya one :D
    \

50 yoyos a month !!! you mean 10 dont you ? Started this last night , didnt like it at first but tis growing on me , the skills confuse me , anyone care to explain ? Name = Bentonio ingame if you feel like giving me a hand :) im just going around doing agent missions atm...

oops.. yep its not 50, its 15 yoyo's:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Just gone through the tutorials and getting the hand of my little ibis :) Where does one do some target practice or combat training? Other than that, any recommendations for ways of making money quick :) !
    Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Just gone through the tutorials and getting the hand of my little ibis :) Where does one do some target practice or combat training? Other than that, any recommendations for ways of making money quick :) !
    Stephen

Mine is probably the best way, or join a corp, some of them pay you on joining. :D

Busily mining and training away, just bought myself a little shuttle for training, am I right that you cannot fit any weapons/defensive enhancements to those things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Busily mining and training away, just bought myself a little shuttle for training, am I right that you cannot fit any weapons/defensive enhancements to those things?

yeap, shuttles are just used for transport, mostly when your moving a few ships to the one station.

If your going to keep mining it good to get an industrial skill trained up as you can use an industrial ship to haul large amounts of ore back to the station. When your mining just jettison some ore then open the cargo can that appears and drag and drop ore from your hold in to it, then pick up later with the indi. The learning set of skills are good ones to pick up, they help lower training time.

If ya want to go fighting, I say strap some lasers on to that frigate and go looking for pirates around the belts in .9, .8 and .7 systems. You don't have to worry about ammo and reloading. You can get frequency crystals for them that vary the damage and range, I think infared or microwave are average in range and damage. You'll probably have to train the small energy turret skill to use them if you not Amarr. You can always just stick whatever weapons you can use and use ammo.

Thanks Mantel!

Don't suppose theres a boards corp ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Nope, all the boards people are scattered through a few corps. There is a channel that a few hang out in, called irish. Lots of idleing going on in there most of the time.

Gimme a shout in game if you need any help, I'm called Zopha.

sweet thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement