Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EvE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

After 6 months away from Eve I find myself back in it.

Alot has changed in it but its still mostly the same, I dont know how long Ill play it for this time but it makes a nice change of pace from Neocron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I'm downloading the client at the moment - anyone wanna send me a buddy key? :D email is regi at boards.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Buddy key sent.:D

woo - what race do you guys mostly play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

My main char is gallente/intaki, but it's for research not combat. There are webbased calcs on www.eve-i.de to help you figure out what race/profession to select depending on which way you want to go.

• Advertisement

gallente and caldari:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

this might sound stupid...i've just started to play the game but I'm having trouble mining....I warp to say the belts in amsen....but I can't find any astroids to mine?? i can just see loads of cargo containers??? anyone got any ideas??? + does anyone have any pointers how to make lots of money quick but legally???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

.but I can't find any astroids to mine?? i can just see loads of cargo containers??? anyone got any ideas???

Sounds like that system has been striped of all its Ore. Which is a pity. Some corps just headed straight for 1.0 systems and striped them with mining battleships. Try a system beside it, a 0.9 or 0.8. It should have a little ore at least and the pirates won't be too bad if ya even come accross them.

Mining is one of the best ways to get money and later on when you have the skills refineing it gives more. One of the best ways to mine is to jettision something from your hold (like some mined ore) and then open the can that appears near your ship, then just keep mining and draging the ore from your hold to it. Once ya think ya have enough use an industrial to haul it back to the station in one go. Two down sides -

1. anyone can then open the can and nick your ore
    2. Those cans only last 2 hours or so (don't have an exact time and never want to fine out :) once they pop everything in them goes.

(have to buy an indi aswell but it shouldn't take too long to get up the cash for that)
    does anyone have any pointers how to make lots of money quick but legally???

Other than that theres agent missions, what missions you get depend on the corp. The military ones give out more kills missions. They give okay money, got about 200k from about 3 hours of missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Cheers for the help..joined a corp, iron claw industries..... they've given me loads of cash to buy a half decent miner (amrarr frigate) & decent mining lasers...this game rocks!!!
    :)

I'm rather enjoying it too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by phoenix2181
    does anyone have any pointers how to make lots of money quick but legally???

ya can always try Ebay :p there's always ppl selling stuff there especially isk :p

just click HERE to see whats there now :p tbh its a bit of a waste of money and ya can never be too sure if you'll get the stuff in game.. and im not one for taking chances :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'm giving serious thought to selling my account. I haven't even left the station in months :( Only been logging in to train skills.

For those of you that are interested fileplanet are doing a special on Eve-online. you get 10 free days when you download it from them. might be handy for those of you looking for a second account or those just starting out.

all the info is here.
    http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/eve/

your also enteredted into a competition for an area51 rig!!

hey stololan, ya missed one little point to that super deal. ya have to be a subscribed member to fileplanet.:(

hehe.. looks like i did :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

need an email address to send it to...it dosent tend to like these keys without the actual email it sends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

can i get a buddy key please my email is murphy00x@hotmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

So is this game just basically like Elite or is there a walking around side to it as well?

It sounds REALLY good in either case.

Anyone send me a buddy key? ;)

Crazee_ivan at hotmail dot com.

Cheers ;)

buddy key sent Ivan.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by zekiel
    buddy key sent Ivan.:D

Cheers, thanks man :)

I just got my hands on the Lineage 2 beta today though, so not sure how thats gonna work out ;)

I'm gonna try download EVE tomorrow and give it a try.

Depending on whether Lineage 2 is any good, I might get it tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Originally posted by zekiel
    hey stololan, ya missed one little point to that super deal. ya have to be a subscribed member to fileplanet.:(

If you go to the bottom of the page when it's asking for the subscription fee, you'll see a "basic" option... this one is free... so just sign up with that one...

Buddy key sent l3rian.

Muffen, the offer seems to be open only to subscribers of fileplanet, I cant seem to find any basic option and when you are brought to the dl section of the offer you dont get the option from dl'ing from the free servers.:(

thanks zekiel, talk to you in game, should i chose a particular species or location that would be a good start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'm subscribed now too :D ( Damn you Zekiel - my life will never be the same again ;))

In game name - BioHazRd - Caldari

See you all there

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭paddyman

hey hey lads, been a while since posting last.

Glad to see more and more people joining, eve is grow week by week atm.

To date im still having a blast, were at war against the curse alliance atm with another corp called Evolution. CA were once allies and evol once our enemies lol, how things change.

Just to repeat myself this game is AWESOME. Been playing a year now inc beta and will be playing for another year and hopefully more. For new players make sure to join a corporation as soon as you can, u'll learn alot faster and progress quicker as well. Be sure to read the guides on the forums about char creation, this is vitally important cause you can't re-spec your char.

For more learned player i have to recommend getting into PVP. This is the highest lvl gameplay in eve and it rocks. Its all i do everyday and all i will be ever be doing. Nothing else in eve comes close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Is the buddy key thing still going? ... if so any chance someone will send me one? all you need is an email address right? ...
    /me whips off to hotmail ....

here 'tis: ohno_youdont@hotmail.com

[edit]
    there is a basic subscription!, if you go to the fileplanet main page there is a link to download EVE ... but when you go it it says you arent logged in and if you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a link to the basic subscription (free) signup page ... unfortunately the 10 day trial is only for paying customers only, couldnt download
    [/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

BigEejit - buddy key sent :)

Bio

Cheers BioHazRd :) ... will download it after I've downloaded these er .... linux iso's .. using bittorrent

Whats a good race / profession for someone who never played EVE before ... i had a look at the starter calculator on eve-i and TBH its not helped a lot ...

• Advertisement

Digerati, Caldari and I'll be found mining with the Quantum-Industries corp.

I have a really rubbish ship called a bantam which I payed 10,000 isk for it :dunno: ... heap of sh1t, I want an apocalypse! I think it must be the lada of the universe, because it seems to break down during a long warp drive at least twice, and can only fit 2 small mining laser :( I am saving up my skill and isk for a merlin, send me any spare isk please :D

Advertisement