Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EvE

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

CA Scum :)

Go the Fountain Alliance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

pirate corp YARR

Thats a disgrace! EvE isnt a game were you go about killing others its a nice game with flying bunny rabbits and loads of pretty colours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Stokolan wrote:
    ROFL!! yeah noticed that myself havnt been idle in that chan for a long time..

So whats everyone up to these days?

Myself and a few mates that were in a corp together have decided to set up out own pirate corp pirate.gif YARR. we wanted to have a bit of fun :D were going to go gank everything we can and dont care who they are! :cool: so if any of you guys are interested in having a bit of fun, shooting anyone you like spam_laser.gif then your more then welcome to join. Yarr corp is our public in game channel. we're not affilated with any alliance even tho we all came from the same corp within CA and people reckon were a CA alt corp... pfft n00bs... anyways off ta pod a few people :D
    let me ask you mate, do you pod ppl for fun or to steal their cargo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Logged in for the first time in months last night only to find my corp in a war with TEC...and me in thier space...

A great way to retun to the game.... :rolleyes:

Logged in for the first time in months last night

Stangely enough so did I.. :D I didnt run into such troubles though as my previous corp had expelled my inactive ass long ago.

Its looking good though I like the new ships and features and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

For the first time ever I've started doing missions... lvl 2 ones are rediculously easy so I'm pushing fast for a lvl3 agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

I must say I'm thinking about geting this game . But a few things worry me .

A ) Do u spend most of your game time watching your ship fly from A to B .

B ) If your a total newbie do u have to spend months , mining asteroids while everybody else seems to be doing interesting things .

I'm just wondering coz the whole thing seems like a really cool idea but i wonder will i be bored when i actually am in it .

ps. tried the 10-day trial a while back . result-played for a few hours doing training missions , got bored watching my ship fly from point a to b and also lost a piece of cargo i was supposed to transport ( click to move it to my cargo hold but never saw it again ) ,couldn't find it in the layers of menus, no-one could help so just got pissed off with the whole thing .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

I started playing EVE about a year ago in an internet cafe with a few people i know. Within 24 hours (i trained hard) i had a Merlin, which is pretty good and was off killing NPC pirates. I eventually got podded by a rail gun from a billion kilometres away.

To be honest EVE is a brilliant game but you need a GOOD 56k line to actually use a 56k line for it. im d/l at about 2 kb/second and its a no go for EVE.

Its not a boring game in my opinion but if i were you i would be asking the 200 people who posted before you how to train yourself to fly a cruiser within a week. It can be done.

Whatever you do make sure you actually talk to other EVE people because its a load of crap without the integrated chatroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Eve is challenging and addictive, with the new features in shiva (next major patch) a whole new side of the game will open up, with player space stations and much more. Step 1 is get in with a friendly corp, once you do that you'll never look back :)

Steven999 when you get into the game join channel "irish" you will find lads in there most days and can ask them.

As for the rest of ya... get your ass's back in there and idle again. HELP your fellow irishman and all that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Snaga wrote:
    CA Scum :)

Go the Fountain Alliance!!

been there done that and found it very boring :p and CA arnt scum there actually a really nice bunch of people once ya get to know them :)

zekiel wrote:
    Thats a disgrace! EvE isnt a game were you go about killing others its a nice game with flying bunny rabbits and loads of pretty colours. :D

I know but someone have to be the pests that kill for no reason :p
    tba wrote:
    let me ask you mate, do you pod ppl for fun or to steal their cargo?

both tbh! we started off just hitting cruisers and indys.. got bored and started hitting evrey thing, we dont get the chance to argue if we should shot or not :p we hit a few newbs but felt sorry for em and refunded them there loss, also made a lot of profit from agent runners passing through and indys moving there stuff from agent locations. i think we managed to collect about 200 bps mixture of originals and copies out of doing this :D

today was a good day as ya can see here kills in last hour and here kills in last 24 hours think we had 54 kills in 24 hours with only 4 of us at it which i think isnt too bad seen as were only starting out :) The ammount of people that start complaning Whyd u blow my ship up?? is something to laught at :p Some of ya probably know the system and how easy it is to gank there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

Hey amigo's

i keep phasing in and out of the game these days, as stated ive been in it since beta so it can be hard to find new things to do. really looking forward to shiva though, lots of cool new stuff.

Im still in m0o corp, we took the venal and surrounding areas over with evol and have are own space for when shiva comes, might be useful :). we still fight with its previous owners, the PA.

And good man Stokolan, always nice to see more people submit to the dark side, its alot of fun. I remember my older days of piracy, man i loved it. And i still advise everyine to get into pvp. its the best thing this game has to offer.

Gl

Just thought I'd inform the uninformed... or something like that.. :D:D

You can now activate your account on Singularity, the new Shiva test cluster by clicking "Activate".

Accounts will be activated in batches over the next two weeks to better control the testing effort. The Shiva ingame testing chat channel is "Shiva".

Check the linked page regularly for updates on the Shiva version that is running on Singularity. It lists what features have been ported to Singularity, what is available for testing and how to test it. You can get the Shiva Singularity client patches here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

bah ... I was away for a couple of days and missed it.... only activated yesterday ...i reckon I'll be pending for a while yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Guys I'm selling a 3.3mil SP char, can fly caldari ints, BS, use t2 blasters, quite a few lvl5 skills as well.

Anyone interested PM me pls :)

Which Alliance are you guys part of now? I ask this because the majority of corps have now alligned themselves with some alliance or have began to create there own.

I'm part of the FA (Fountain Alliance).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Northern Lonetrek Alliance

We's at war with a few nasty pirate corps at the moment :)

Advertisement