Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fourm > Data Storage <

Options
  • 01-07-2003 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Fourm : Data Storge
    Subject : All manners of data storage from keyring USB thingies to petabyte storage systems.

Including stuff like storage software for backing up or management etc etc, Memory, optical storage (DVD's and what have you) storing stuf online ...the list goes on

I came up with this idea beacuse i currently use several storage discussion fourms but they are all american based which can get annoying.

Also it seems to me that its an area thats not really covered by the technology fourm.

I would be interested to see if anyone else would like t see this fourm.

Regards,
    Al

Data Storage fourm 12 votes

Sounds like a good idea.
    0% 0 votes
    No, no interest, dont need it
    8% 1 vote
    Atari watchama'call it
    91% 11 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

dont really know about this. It is sorta covered by technology. There is lots of hard drives threads in technology but its hard to say if it would get a enough traffic to warrant it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Can't see Data storage being a huge topic of conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Tellox has to agree with Sposs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Ohhh c'mon like, seriously now, why not have seperate forums on graphics cards, processors, ram and motherboards while we are at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Well thats fair enough.... if there is no interest there is no interest...It was something I imagined that would have to be be there before people started looking for it and then it woudl rise in popularity...but it was just an Idea.

but Truckle you missed the point slightly in the world of consumer PC's and all that, Data storeage is fairly bland and uninteresting and would not require its own fourm. However at the business level or serious level its a totally different kettle o' fish and I have been looking for a serious European storage discussion fourm for a while now. As im sure others have...

any who.... doesnt look like a go'er thanks for the feed back all the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement