Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

let sloth out?

Options
  • 01-07-2003 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Do you think Sloth should be let out of prison because all he did was backchat Devore and Ecksor and why should they be allowed ban people just because they annoy them surely they should be able to win via wit rather than just authority.
    Then again I never saw the signatures that people were talking about. Is there a link to them anywhere?
    I do find it disturbing that he will give Devore service in return for being debanned though.
    I'm drunk hope I don't get banned or anything.

should sloth's ban be lifted? 54 votes

yes it's not fair that he was banned for being cheeky to the wrong people
    0% 0 votes
    yes he really wants to let out and i feel sorry for him
    22% 12 votes
    no he's annoying
    9% 5 votes
    who cares? lets ban all these annoying bastards with their uninformed anti-american remarks instead
    68% 37 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

omg no don't let him out. its just becoming an Oz type show.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Death penalty to MrNuked. Hes trying to cause a revolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Were you just banned for saying that? Or did you give yourself that tagline to confuse people or maybe to see if it would allow you to post in prison?
    Why did I start this thread I don;t care either way. I should have started a thread on how annoying it is that anti-american remarks seem to be considered "hip" or something in this site, while anti-[most other things] results in a banning. That's something I do find annoying. Anti-George Bush on the other hand I find funny cos he's an evil git. Did you know
    that before september 11 FBI agents were told to ignore people involved in the 911 bombing because George Bush had received lots of money from Saudi arabian sheikhs. Reading a book telling the numerous ways tehy fixed the voting in Florida. Technically he was not elected you know. Whereas we did elect Charle s haughey. He in a glass house etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Add an option, No,keep him in there,but allow visiting hours.

Under no circumstances should the admins let him out,its just too entertaining. Thats the only reason why he keeps coming back, again and again-to entertain me and the like.

("like" being sad silly lilttle biatches)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Its their site they can do what they like on it. Sloth deserved what he got if I was him I'd consider retiring from boards.ie or else asking devore if he can come back under a different name and not act like an arse bandit this time.

Your writing style hurts my brain, also don't take everything Michael Moore says/writes as gospel, the lad spins facts as much as Bush does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

greg palast in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Bah, i couldnt care less. But he's making it worse the way he is acting in prison atm. I dont think the parole board will look kindly at it...

Wait, theres an idea. We could have a parole board :D

Really i think we should remove the stars of the boards.ie inmates. Letting the inmates keep their stars makes them look better then they are. They [the inmates] are now the property of the boards.ie government.... the fun we could have .... oh wait. boards aint too much of a democracy .. ah well. lets have fun with them anywhys .. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

To be honest - www.boards.ie is a democracy and DeVore said it himself somewhere. We should all have free speech and umm... stuff so... there.

My mate Fred told me that the admins don't even own boards - some guy called Bob does, and he runs it from his country bunker somewhere in America, in fact the Admins don't even live in Ireland he says. I think that it is all a scam tbh. It is all a big scam to make people give their email addresses to make companies send them popup adverts through their computer.

-Gordon- disillusioned as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

im with iornnrew on this one...keep the freak show in...but i would like to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Who f*cking cares.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

though it has to be said tbh

don't do the crime
    if ya can't do the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Awww give him another chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Leave him there for another while, he's amusing some people and it's keeping him out of everyone elses hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Prison has no effect unless the sentence lasts 2 weeks at least.

The inmates tariff should be in a sticky on top IMO

M

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Um, potentially someone might get out on the grounds of good behaviour but by default a ban is indefinite, as before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

string him up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

they don't seem to be trying very hard not to get out of prison. I think they like it. and sloth :P, yes insulting devore is gonna help loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Curious: What if he was to sign up to the supporters package ? Are the services he payed for disabled because some people find him annoying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I think its unlikley that anyone that supports Boards.ie by buying a pack would then go to the trouble of insulting and flipping at the people he is infact supporting.

Having said that, If I carried on like sloth did I would have to expect a banning and accept I just gave away €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by Alany
    I think its unlikley that anyone that supports Boards.ie by buying a pack would then go to the trouble of insulting and flipping at the people he is infact supporting.

Having said that, If I carried on like sloth did I would have to expect a banning and accept I just gave away €50.
    There are all sorts of muppets out there supporters or not. I think Dev has made clear in the past that the SP gives you SFA in terms of rights. If he/she was a supporter I think he would get his 50 yoyo's back and remained banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

Originally posted by Hobart
    There are all sorts of muppets out there supporters or not. I think Dev has made clear in the past that the SP gives you SFA in terms of rights. If he/she was a supporter I think he would get his 50 yoyo's back and remained banned.

you can't pay for a service then abuse it and hope to get your money back!

i am sure Dev has some nice leagal mumbo jumbo that's says "if you break the rules we get to keep your money and kick you off" when some one accepts to be a subscriber

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

you better believe we do. Pages and pages of mumbo jumbo.

The set of supporters and the set of muppets will rarely intersect.
    If the muppets want to give us 50 quid in the, quite mistaken, idea that it will garner them extra rights... well its their money.

DeV.

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Curious: What if he was to sign up to the supporters package ? Are the services he payed for disabled because some people find him annoying ?

I kinda mentioned this on the original thread where I announced the Prison forum ...

That would mostly depend I suppose. The extra services would be control over avatars and taglines, (which we would be quite happy to muck around with for a Banned user normally), photopost and a journal. (and more, coming soon (tm) !). So, access to forums doesn't really interfere with those.

Anyway, if you look at the TOS of becoming a subscriber, we are more or less covered as I understand it against people giving us money and then expecting some sort of protection if they act the muppet if that's what's worrying you?

Duh, sorry, somehow managed to not see the replies you'd already gotten to that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Personaly, I feel Sloth is a victim of Ecksors superiority complex... but ecksor can't be held 100% responsible, as its fairly obvious that he's just DeVore's puppet in taking a more PR role in boards, and altho he does spurt alot of crap he does make some good points - especially in relation to AMP, who's turning into a little nazi ecksor wannabe.

Its good that sloth hasn't taken this whole situtation too seriously, buts its a shame to see such injustice right in front of our noises, on the site many of us would consider home. Still, you know the old saying, revenge is sweet... it will all backfire on the admins in a few months. We are like their little pets, at least the treat most of the people here like pets, and if for example if you keep poking a dog with a stick, over and over it will eventually bite back.

We're all going to love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Let the poor fella go!!! Just get a public apology out of him and that should be enough!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

This is what sloth sent me earlier to post:
    "As of this morning it seems that all posts on the prison forum have been stopped. I've noticed this hasn't been mentioned anywhere and can only presume that this was done so that it'd look like I got bored and stopped posting. It annoys me that the admins went this far, it's bad enough that I got banned in the first place but to slowly stop me being able to post in the prison forum was a bit needless. They could have left me there but no they had to wade in and completely shut it down on me without even saying anything about it. I also noticed that they've deleted a lot of threads too without saying anything either.
    Just because they're on the netsource payroll doesn't mean they should have closed down the prison. I think in all fairness they should either re-open the prison properly (ie new threads too) or unban me from every forum except feedback/suggestions as thats where 99% of my flashpoints with them seem to happen (I'd rather the latter at this stage to be quite frank). In the words of George Michael I've serviced the community and heed my time.
    Regards,
    Sloth"

"As of this morning it seems that all posts on the prison forum have been stopped. I've noticed this hasn't been mentioned anywhere and can only presume that this was done so that it'd look like I got bored and stopped posting.

Perhaps Sloth is too dim to read the curfew thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by Trebor
    you can't pay for a service then abuse it and hope to get your money back!

i am sure Dev has some nice leagal mumbo jumbo that's says "if you break the rules we get to keep your money and kick you off" when some one accepts to be a subscriber
    You dont pay the Admins for access to boards AFAIK. You pay for the supporters pack. I dont think Sloth was a supporter or that anybody abused these "extra" services. And I was sure I read somewhere that you would probably get you money back if you abused the supporters pack or start bleeting on about how as a supporter you are "paying your f**kin wages". Ahyhow the TOS seem to clear that up.

And Detonated Sauce where does it say that anybody here has any rights? You do have the right to be stupid. And you do have the right to be banned. You also have the right to be quite. I think that is about it thoough.

If the admins wanted to close down the whole lot they could on a whim. Crying abt it (not you DS althoough you are a madman for re-publishing it) will do nobody any good. Let it pass and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Who the hell asked you or gives a damn what you think? -Sloth.

Advertisement