Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

let sloth out?

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is becoming less funny.
    I dislike being insulted for every perceived stupid piece of crap Sloth dreams up.

DS... please stop channeling Sloth.

*******, stop stirring. Yes, you are.

Wtf is that about us being on Netsource payroll?

This is growing old and I'm finding less desire to put up with this shít.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Detonated Sauce

Just because they're on the netsource payroll doesn't mean they should have closed down the prison

roflmao
    oh god.
    roflrofl.

This has made my day.

Sloth, Since your obviously reading this might i congratulate you on making the fastest U-turn from Fanboy to Paranoia X-Filer in living history.

It seems like only yesterday you were re-inventing the laws of physics for us on the Ioffl forum in your rabid appreciation for Netsource and equally rabid ignorance of facts and common sense. Who is to say you were not merely their puppet as they sought to gain a foothold in boards.ie in their quest for TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

DeVore,
    I know you and sloth have gone through some hard times but everyone on this forum can see what great friends you used to be together. Don't you think it's time you settled down and made up with him? The friendship you two shared is worth more than your own petty argument just because the general consensus is that you went pearl harbour on him. Now don't you think it's time you acted like a good little boy and kissed and made up with good ol' sloth over there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hi DS.

You were on your last warning after that signature crap and general 'Fight the power' bollix is getting on my nerves.

Good bye.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats a pity cos his Pic'n'Mix posts were funny and I thought he was getting it...

I dont like Sloth. I'm not his "mate" and since he PM'ed me begging to be unbanned from this forum and swore he wouldnt start his Fight The Power shít again and clearly has, I find him a lying little sack of poo.

I've told him I'd prefer if he didnt come here and he'll be unbanned over my dead clammy body. I can live my entire life without ever saying another word to him.

And if thats something you cant live with... I can live without you too.

DeV.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    Thats a pity cos his Pic'n'Mix posts were funny and I thought he was getting it...

To be perfectly fair, on another day I probably wouldn't have banned him but this is not funny, it's just tedious. I won't object to him being unbanned if he does demonstrate that he's getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I've refrained from posting on this thread up until now, because it really isn't any of my business. I'm only doing so now because I'm bored and I seem to have a penchant for sticking my nose in where it isn't wanted.

Anyway, this has gone a bit out of hand. All of this originated from a forum request (which incidentally I thought was quite valid - even though I don't play SWG myself, and don't intend to for the forseeable future). I think that the admins resented the fact that it seemed that they were being taken for granted, the poster played the 'god given right' card, and so it spiralled to the present escalation.

Now, I don't think that anyone is going to shed a tear for the posters that have been banned (no offence to the posters in question), but it does create an interesting precedent. Anyone with a gripe with an admin will point towards this as an example of totalitarian rule. Of course, everyone will point out the obvious, that no apologies are being made about this, it is entirely an admin's right to determine who stays and who goes.

However, it has the potential to create needless strife, friction and conflict. I think what is really lacking is a little finesse in the fine art of politely telling people when they are wrong and when to shut up :). The posters in question also need to realise that this is not real life (TM), it is a privately owned and operated community site that nobody is being forced to read. The admins give their free time, don't get paid, and don't like it when people seem ungrateful for their efforts or take those efforts for granted.

DeVore, you might not like me saying this, but I distinctly remember you telling people that a judicious use of the 'ignore' feature is a therapeutic way of getting rid of the annoying drone of a particular poster that ires you. Might I suggest that you take this piece of advice? Now, I accept that you might not want to do this in case that poster does something completely out of line - warranting a ban. However, an alternative solution would be to simply peruse that persons post i.e give it a quick glance, but pay it no real heed or attention. Doesn't always work - but worth a shot.

Swiss.... Sloth and D.Sauce were (it seems) the same person.

Sloth posted a request for a forum... DS (not 5 hours later on a Saturday evening) gets shirty.

We're being "played" here and this is all a set up so that Sloth could point at me (it seems) and scream abuse. I dont know why, ask him.

I'm sure I'm a bad person... right now I'm a fatigued bad person.

Everyone is free to stay or go as they see fit... personally I'm tired of defending myself, especially from small people.
    In that respect I'm gonna take your advice and just ban without comment when I feel its completely justified from now on. In this case I gave someone just too much respect and time. Ecksor had the right idea, ban and be done with it.

maybe I'll think better after a nights sleep.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Detonated Sauce
    This is what sloth sent me earlier to post:

" I also noticed that they've deleted a lot of threads too without saying anything either.
    Just because they're on the netsource payroll doesn't mean they should have closed down the prison. "

Bribery does get you somewhere Sloth, Netsource paid quote handsomely for this you know and then DeV (of the fat wallet) sent Ecksor along to goad you into actionable muppetry. Are these the posts that have been deleted, or are we simply on about some of the Prison posts?

Organise a fullsome apology to Netsource for all the pain you put them through Sloth and don't forget the PM to user lmck who works there so she knows you've apoloogised.

I think that Netsource would then intervene with the mods on your behalf.......

M

ps: Sloth.... this is NOT me:
    http://www.theguildhall.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42199

A. if it was me I'd be called DeVore.

B. I am have no intention of posting on your site. Its clear now (given that you have your own SWG board) that you never wanted to do anything but cause trouble here. I'm not going to drop to your level.

C. That looks like Deathgiver2003 aka Amp... talk to him.

Jesus, you blame everything on me. I could care *less* about you but it would take *effort*.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

ps: Sloth.... this is NOT me:
    http://www.theguildhall.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42199
    bahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ooh, there's more!

1001 votes in one day? Don't know how that was done, but I likes it...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

C. That looks like Deathgiver2003 aka Amp... talk to him.

Jesus, you blame everything on me. I could care *less* about you but it would take *effort*.

DeV.

And you think I care enough?

In fact I competely tuned out of this thread due to extreme boredom until I trying to figure out why ecksor had put some crap forum thread in the topic of #boards.ie.

I'm just wondering when the Admins promotion of Sloth and his muppetry is going to end.

I could go on, but I'm starting to bore myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

As of this morning it seems that all posts on the prison forum have been stopped. I've noticed this hasn't been mentioned anywhere and can only presume that this was done so that it'd look like I got bored and stopped posting. It annoys me that the admins went this far, it's bad enough that I got banned in the first place but to slowly stop me being able to post in the prison forum was a bit needless.
    I also noticed that they've deleted a lot of threads too without saying anything either.

Quit yer yapping and read the terms you agreed to!!!!!!!
    By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of boards.ie/vbulletin have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I did all of the banning in this incident so I think I have more to explain than DeVore does.
    Originally posted by swiss
    Anyway, this has gone a bit out of hand. All of this originated from a forum request (which incidentally I thought was quite valid - even though I don't play SWG myself, and don't intend to for the forseeable future).

SWG is a valid suggestion. If anyone with a bit of patience who isn't out to wind us up wants to raise it again then feel free.

I can't argue with the 'out of hand' comment for obvious reasons.
    I think that the admins resented the fact that it seemed that they were being taken for granted, the poster played the 'god given right' card, and so it spiralled to the present escalation.

A certain amount of that. A certain amount of Sloth/DS (apparently the same person, I'm not sure though) posting in a manner designed to get up our noses. A certain amount of previous crap with both those accounts (in the case of Detonated Sauce and his signature it was the day of that thread. It might be a small thing, but if I admin something I don't expect a poke in the eye I expect someone to talk to me if they have a problem). A certain amount of not buggering off and letting us calm down when we suggested that perhaps it might be a good idea to bugger off and let us calm down.

I guess you can't take that thread on it's own. I referred to 'stupid insults' on that thread for example that were made elsewhere, but I read a lot of boards, I notice, I see when mods are complaining and this stuff gets noted at the back of my mind. It will determine whether I treat someone as a newbie or a muppet.

You'll not that I didn't ban 'urban ninja' (although Vexorg did ;) ) and I didn't ban MrNuked (who since came back and apologised) despite the abuse they handed out. I've taken plenty of crap on the Security forum without taking any action.

All I'm saying is that there's evidence to support the idea that I'm lenient or that I'm overly harsh. In reality I'm probably usually lenient, and sometimes a complete nazi. I suppose people should try not to pick a bad day to act the muppet.
    Now, I don't think that anyone is going to shed a tear for the posters that have been banned (no offence to the posters in question), but it does create an interesting precedent. Anyone with a gripe with an admin will point towards this as an example of totalitarian rule. Of course, everyone will point out the obvious, that no apologies are being made about this, it is entirely an admin's right to determine who stays and who goes.

Well, the important point is that nobody (or at least very few) is shedding a tear for those posters. I think that creating the Prison forum represents us throwing a bone to Banned users to create some sort of peace with us and we just crap crap crap and more crap.

And yes, it is entirely within our right to do that, and yes, people can point to this as some sort of precedent, but we're not running a court of law, or claiming to be impartial or even infallible. We're running a website, which supports a community, and I do it because it's cool. If the community thinks I'm a complete prick and rises up against us or they all **** off to altboards.ie or whatever then that's gone, and I sincerely hope that never happens. I don't think that's happening though, and I think we'd know pretty quickly if it was.

Forget about any principles or precedents or perceptions. What do you think about this episode?
    DeVore, you might not like me saying this, but I distinctly remember you telling people that a judicious use of the 'ignore' feature is a therapeutic way of getting rid of the annoying drone of a particular poster that ires you.

I would dearly love to put some posters on ignore. That doesn't mean I want to ban them though (although I might ban some of them from one or two individual forums), it just means that I find them immensely irritating. It's quite possible to irritate the **** out of me without it being a bannable offence. There's plenty of examples of exchanges I've had with different posters on these boards that hasn't resulted in banning, because it's just a difference of opinion. PM me if you want examples (some of the examples that come to mind are mods on boards actually).

However, I don't think that admins should use the ignore feature. We are supposed to be able to see all sides of a dispute, view a signature (another thing I'd dearly love not to have to view) etc etc etc.
    In this case I gave someone just too much respect and time. Ecksor had the right idea, ban and be done with it.

Ah now, I'm the lenient one really (on average). Also, if I was so determined to ban and be done with it I wouldn't have come up with the Prison forum ...

Originally posted by ironbrew
    Quit yer yapping and read the terms you agreed to!!!!!!!

Actually, I moved quite a few threads to the recycle bin at one point, but I didn't delete any threads or posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Slothacus

no hes annoying. Keep him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Is Slothacus sloth trying to disguise himself by pretending to be anti-sloth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

ah. the signature kinda gives that impression anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement