Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV in a heap ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dragon

Getting connected after a few tries but then it just seems to slow down to practically nothing or disconnects. seems to connect at a decent rate 45.5ish and loads up pages a few times then suddenly dies off so that i couldnt even load the boards page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it all seems pretty pukka to me so far, i'm glad i made the switch:)

cheers Neil, that's the one i used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Neil_Sedaka
    tman, the number to dial is 1893 242 242 from the south.

The dialler installed a different number for me. I'll use 1893 242 242 and see if its any better. I've been getting disconnected randomly every session so far. 10mins even as long as 40mins online before it happens. But in fairness my settings are probably all mucked up from when I couldn't connect initially and I changed a lot of stuff. When I get a chance I'll ring the help desk and get them to talk me through it. But I haven't been around to do yet.

Are you guys using the UTVip proxy server? I turned it off to get online intially and I haven't turned it back on again.

Do you guys have a dialler icon on the desktop or something because I don't. I just connect as normal. The Installer just set as connection as per normal connection.

try downloading the dialer installer from here...

i've only been using the dialler to connect for the last few hours, it's been working perfectly so far

http://www.utvip.com/dialer.asp?loc=ie

oh yeah, whats the story with the webspace?
    i've tried using wsftp and total commander to log into my ftp space using every combination of username & password that i have but it keeps saying 'log in incorrect'
    what username & password do i have to use? or do i have to wait for it to be setup or summat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Takes a few retries to connect using the Dialler (took about 15 attempts at about 4pm today) and yet connects first time with the manual dialup connection.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Isn't the dialler supposed to prevent such shindiggery?

Advertisement