Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i want to do something different

• 01-07-2003 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

ok, im bored of the pubs and clubs in this city, they bore me. i want to do something different. but is there anything in this city to do that is non expensive, interesting and fun

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

God Im tempted to say wánking....I really am!
    But of coarse I won't

I like books, t.v sucks, try the cinema.

Join a club etc.
    Tell us what you are interested in usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by solice
    ok, im bored of the pubs and clubs in this city, they bore me. i want to do something different. but is there anything in this city to do that is non expensive, interesting and fun

Other than the cinema, nope! :(

Irish culture sucks sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Half Moon , Opera House , Everyman Theatre and Granary Theatre do plays.

Buy a guide to Cork and explore the City. Theres quite a few historical sites that people pass everyday without realising. Better still bring a camera with you while you tour these sites and make a photo journal.

Theres normal free open air classical music concerts durin the summer.

Walk a long the river lee (wear a breathing mask if you want )

Go to Fitzgeralds park and read a book, or draw...

More suggestions later....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

see this is my point,

i could go to the cinema but there is nothing good in. (dumb and dumber 2, 2fast2furious, the bike one and winnie the pooh). so you say the kino, ok, the kino can be good but not that often.

i could go to the opera house but tbh, porgy and bess, no thanks. the opera house is bloody awfull for good plays. the last good play that they had "stones in his pockets" (it was very very good) but they have had nothing since and that was 2 years ago id say, and as for the everyman, the are showing bouncers again, again.

i could go for a walk along the lee, i could but id rather not. i like my lungs. plus i want to do something fun for a change. and i could go to fitzgearlds park but i know that if i do i will only end up on that cool swing with the big tyre and all the parents will be looking at me as if im weird (and im not)

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

and i could go to fitzgearlds park but i know that if i do i will only end up on that cool swing with the big tyre and all the parents will be looking at me as if im weird (and im not)

Could be worse, could be like a friend of mine getting changed for soccer behind a tree there, in this paranoid age with all the mothers and kids walking around, not a good idea :)

Seriously, do you see anything positive in life ? Why don't you emigrate or something. Suggestions were made but it seems obvious now that you'd prefer to just complain.

Theres some good stuff in the Theatres right now if you were actually enthusiatic:

http://www.whazon.com/theatre.html

Check out the Whazon website. Theres bound to be something that appeals to everyone.

actually i went to fitzgearld park, went and sat by the ducks for an hour. it was really cool.

Did you catch your dinner ? Today is a nice day to sit in a park. I'm sitting next to a window looking at the world outside.

The sun always puts me in a good mood no matter how ****ty everything else is.

• Advertisement

it was actually really cool down there, im so glad i went, im in the best mood now, thanks for the suggestion. can u believe i was only ever in fitsgearlds park once before.

right, now i am going into town to start something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mavedic

try taking a bus trip to some random place not too far away and explore. kinsale, fota island....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by solice
    i could go to fitzgearlds park but i know that if i do i will only end up on that cool swing with the big tyre and all the parents will be looking at me as if im weird (and im not)
    The wee roundabout is much more fun, 'specially if you're a big bloke. I went to Fitzgerald's park with my youngfella a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. Nothing beats pointing and laughing at your kid when he falls on his arse.

adam

try taking a bus trip to some random place not too far away and explore. kinsale, fota island....

did the random bus thing after my grads, went to the airport and then we all headed off to the bus station. 30 of us in tuxes and dresses all got on the first bus out of there. ended up in cobh, it was fun. fell asleep on a bench down by the pier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

go for a stroll around knocknaheeny at about 8pm - 11pm, lots of exciting stuff ul see

1 advise doh make sure you hair is dyed blonde, then ul get all the action ul ever want 2 see

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by dahamsta
    The wee roundabout is much more fun, 'specially if you're a big bloke. I went to Fitzgerald's park with my youngfella a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. Nothing beats pointing and laughing at your kid when he falls on his arse.

adam

There is a new playground in Cobh as well. Its one the new promenade area (past the Garda barracks) right where the green footbridge goes over the tracks. Its fairly cool loads of things that were never around when I was a lad...

Wow, they actually build playgrounds in this compo culture of ours :eek:

Yip... it also has a great soft bouncy surface under the slide, the monkey bars, the really cool climbing frame and (the greatest risk of all) the really fast spinning wheel..

Christ, I was down there a while ago and thought you meant one on the prom by the bandstand. I thought you were mad! :)

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Christ, I was down there a while ago and thought you meant one on the prom by the bandstand. I thought you were mad! :)

adam

Ah... thats why I said the "new promenade" - the one with the palm trees btween the railway line and the water. Still the one onear the bandstand isn't bad either..

• Advertisement

Heh, I haven't been down that area in Cobh for ages, I hadn't a clue what you meant. I thought the one by the bandstand was pretty crap but the new one is pretty cool. I brought my kid, honest. :)

adam

You have to bring your kids to add legitimacy... and needless to say you have to test the fixtures and fittings before allowing the kids on to them... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 frenett

Ah I’ve spent many an enjoyable evening falling off the rides on that playground!!
    Wich is about 3mins from my house!! hehehe do ye no the bridge next to that play ground? Well wait until full tide and you can jump in2 the water off the top of it! Better than drugs man, it really is! (But I advise u to get out of the water fast!)
    Then dry out on the new benches, and spend the rest of the evening in the playground!!! tis a laf
    Frenett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Originally posted by frenett
    do ye no the bridge next to that play ground? Well wait until full tide and you can jump in2 the water off the top of it!

!!!!!!! Heh, and I thought mainlining heroin was a dangerous way to get a rush.

BTW, have any of yiz been into the Titanic bar in Cobh since it re-opened a coupla weeks ago? What's it like? It used to be great for good pints and cheap(ish) nosh before it closed down.

i love walking across that bridge in winter, when its all icy and slippery. or when someone jumps up and down and the whole bridge shakes. what a laugh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement