Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download speed to slow

Options
  • 02-07-2003 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

how's it going...
    im hooked up with eircomnet broadband for the last 3 weeks and the download speed on almost every site i tried is running at a low- 19-21 kb/s when it should be 52-54 kb/s stable. im working of a router with to pc's in the gaff, the pc in the other room is downloading at the correct speed but my own one is not, it is windows me. and the configuration is set at the exact state as the other pc. any ideas on what could be causing this slowdown...

thanks
    coly:ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The answer maybe in the question............

Is the 2 PC's running off the same RDSL Connection at the same time? then they will be splitting the bandwidth. so if one is running full blast then your lucky to be getting anything from the other one?

Turn off the other PC and see what speeds you get?

Rabbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 coly

cheers rabbitinlights...i turned off the other pc and the download speed is still the same not only that but when i am watching live tv on the web its 300 kb/s for the tv station and the computer holds at this for about 5 seconds and drops down to 121 kb/s and stays there which changes frames slowly is this normal congestion on the web....thanks

Advertisement