Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENNISKILLEN - What's it like...?

Options
  • 02-07-2003 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Anyone here live in/around Enniskillen?

Just wondered if you had any info/advice/opinions about what it's like to live there?

Is it a sort of laid-back type of place; or has it the usual "tensions" of other towns in Northern Ireland?

What about the various villages within 10 miles or so of the town; any of these have a good/bad reputation locally?

Any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

http://www.enniskillen.com/

Just googled it there now, didnt check it out fully, but it seemed ok from what i saw :)

Hope this helps, laterZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheKrefelder

Hi Mazy,

I know of Enniskillen for two years know and moved over there only five month ago. Enniskillen must be the safest part in NI by far and when the Republic has the reputation of being the Land of a thousand welcomes then Enniskillen deserves the title of a million welcomes. The People of Fermanagh is very, very nice & friendly. Don't be afraid as they will even talk to you wehn you enter a local pub alone. You are not left there to rot away as it does happen in the Republic. All other surrounding towns and/or villages are perfectly safe and of the same standard. You should not have any problems there at all. To answer your question: Enniskillen or the county Fermanagh appears to be pretty laid back and very communitative. There are good and bad people everywhere but you should not have a problem as long as you stay away from known trouble spots. I was more afraid of getting bombed in the Republic than up North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Yeah i have many cousins from Fermanagh and i have been to enniskillen manys of times.
    Its a grand town. and i didnt notice any scum around either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's been quite a while since I was in Enniskillen but the place quite impressed me. Very much resembles an English market town. People seemed quite friendly. It's the kind of place where I'd happily live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MaryR

I'm thinking about the possibility of moving to Enniskillen. Being from Galway area, of course I have to consider carefully where to purchase a house in the town. Unfortunately it's not just as straightforward as here.

Does anyone know how I can find out which areas (not expensive areas) in the town would be ok for me to purchase in? Either in the town or in any of the areas from Enniskillen (in Sligo direction) up, out and down to the border areas?

Of course if an area has a flag on every lamp-post, then I know to keep away. But how do I find out if it's ok to live in less ''obviously'' segregated areas?

Does anyone know which areas in the town might be ok for someone to live in, who has an obvious Galway accent!

• Advertisement
Advertisement