Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freedom of speech!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nah they're not... They are just louder then anyone else.

The funny thing is that Sloth runs his own forums where's moderator. He could, at any time, post the link to it in the prison forum and the HOARDS of people who are all DESPERATELY UNHAPPY about our merciless intrusion on their freedoms could go and bask in the warmth of unrestricted conversation.

Oh.... didnt Sloth mention that? One wonders why they submit to our domineering and ruthless rule here.

Could it be that everyone else is here and there's only so many times you can call three other people ghey before it *actually* becomes unfunny.

Hard to believe ... but its true.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

If Sloth had any sense he'd lie low for a while and try to redeem himself a bit. The phrase "when you're in a hole stop digging" springs to mind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I think the heavy duty muppetry is as a result the school holidays, its a direct result of the release of pent up frustrations of being told the following by Mammy during the school year...

"No Johnny, you may not stay on the internet and call DeVore any slang term for the male sexual reproductive organ, nor may you poke any of the other admins and moderators, you had had your daily dose of trolling and now have to go to bed as its past your bed time.."

The school holidays brings about an explosive release of this pent up frustration and because these monkeys dont have the gonads to face someone and launch a tirade of vulgar abuse at them, they just hide behind their sticky keyboards panting from the next exciting opportunity to belch out some verbal excretement and then writhe and moan in extacy after every post, only pausing to wipe down their keyboards.

..At least thats the way it happens in Vexworld®..

Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I would like to make a public statement ,and make the public aware that urban ninja is NOT a member of the ninjaleague™ , the ninjaleague™ know not of this imposter, and have swiftly dealt with him. Banned you say? pft... ninjatized. :ninja:

ninjinfo.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Tellox
    I would like to make a public statement ,and make the public aware that urban ninja is NOT a member of the ninjaleague™

I would like to back up that statement, we do not want our good name sullied in any way

Perhaps sloth could come to the pissup on Saturday and fill Dev (and myself, for coming up with the idea) with so much free drink that all will be forgiven

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be in Galweh :)

But if he doesnt buy you lots of drink I wont unban him.

/me walks away whistling while others try and figure that one out...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

Originally posted by DeVore
    I'll be in Galweh :)

But if he doesnt buy you lots of drink I wont unban him.

/me walks away whistling while others try and figure that one out...

DeV.

:D

but your not saying that if he does buy her lots of drink that he would be unbanned. :D thats just sneaky, i like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Wouldn't it be great if we could actually restrict people's Freedom of Speech? There's a hell of a lot of muppets out there I'd love to STFU. I'm sure the country would be better for our benevolent dictatorship :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Talliesin
    Wouldn't it be great if we could actually restrict people's Freedom of Speech? There's a hell of a lot of muppets out there I'd love to STFU. I'm sure the country would be better for our benevolent dictatorship :)

Here, here!

Time for the Peoples Front of Boards.ie™ !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by urban Ninja
    the admins have no stopped all new posts from the prison.

Sloth got you afraid??

Oh the hilarity.....

Imagine what would happen if Sloth... were let out of prison...

the world would be on it's head......

Thank god we have ecksor and DeVore working to keep the conspiracy going...

afriad of the truth ... I think so....
    <obviously>

When the orbiting brain laser take over the world.... it will be trolls like this that are remembered as the one true way... that was ignored ... by an uncaring world... manipulated by the few in power... for their own cruel intentions.

hello.

#include "clue.h"

God that felt good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shadow Ninja

hehehehehehehhehehe

:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 2urban 2ninja

Hi

Me again. I just like to apologise to DeVore and ecksor. I was only playing when i said those things and didn't mean to post the final insult. I just don't like people who lick up to admins to become mods.

This is the only forum and place i have every being banned from. In the process of insulting you and others i have brought entertainment to people.

I know i'll be banned after this, atleast this time just send me to prison. I'm running out of places to get free email accounts!!

PEACE OUT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by 2urban 2ninja
    Me again. I just like to apologise to DeVore and ecksor. I was only playing when i said those things and didn't mean to post the final insult. I just don't like people who lick up to admins to become mods.

You need to get out more if this is all that worries you ;)
    This is the only forum and place i have every being banned from. In the process of insulting you and others i have brought entertainment to people.

Well now you can start a collection :)
    I know i'll be banned after this, atleast this time just send me to prison. I'm running out of places to get free email accounts!!

PEACE OUT!!

Peace Out? Gah! OMG Ban him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Urban Ninja

Your post was almost enough to get you unbanned but then when you go and insult the moderators again by suggesting that some of them beame mods by licking up to the admins!, you have absolutely no idea.

Seeing as how you have such a closed little mind, this version of you is also banned, you will not be missed even for all the hilarity you thought you brought with you.

Next time talk a little time to read the forums before you post, and see how people act and what people actually do to be come mods, its as a result of the respect they have earned within the various forums, or the amount of work they have done on a forum that makes it enjoyable for the majority of users.

Goodbye again and dont bother coming back with anymore apologies, you have not learnt anything.

Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Can we make the url for Sloths forums public please? I have a thirst for the Truth and Freedom of speech only a 12 year old on a mission can provide.

I thought they where?

the prison forum is on the admin drop down menu where everbody can read them

no, when he came here first he claimed he was a mod of a forum (if memory serves me correctly) and that he had 2000+ posts and just went bonkers when he went back to being a n00b.

Personally I think he's always been a n00b.

DeV.

Ah sorry,

i am still at Newbie stage :D so much to learn so little time

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

• Advertisement

That forum is a very good view of what this place would become without the admins putting the boot in occasionally.

Go and see the alternative Boards.ie run by Sloth and if you like it, hey... feel free to stay there ... its everything we're not.

DeV.

ps: if Sloth has admin on his own forum... wtf does he need to come here and fight the power and complain about freedom of speech?! *boggle*

oh lordy
    after reading that, I think he's gonna be a while in prison!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can i make a suggestion.
    when people come on here ranting, can we ignore then for a few days until they are really angry.

then when they explode, its really so much more amusing.

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    then when they explode, its really so much more amusing.

Sadist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by CuLT
    Here, here!

Time for the Peoples Front of Boards.ie™ !
    I thought we were the Popular Front?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by DeVore
    That forum is a very good view of what this place would become without the admins putting the boot in occasionally.
    Oh, good lord

I've just realised why some of my more techy friends (who knew what a web board is) used say "er, What?!?" when I mentioned that I visited the odd one or two. Now I understand.

/makes move to stress to friends evidence of boards.ie users' knowledge of various three and four syllable words and basic politeness.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

That forum is a prime example of why the quick reply box is a bad idea.
    *cough* urban ninjas new found home *cough*

Ok sceptre "popular front" ;) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

christ eshsor that forum made my head hurt, the colours the colours !!!!

I'll just say this, boards has allways had a certain class about it, and je ne cest qui. it's why im still interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Slothacus

Those threads deserved to get deleted. The admins were right to do so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement