Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create access database from excel spreadsheet

Options
  • 02-07-2003 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

This may not be the most appropiate place for this thread so Mod's feel free to redirect.

A mate has a large excel spredsheet in excel 2002 and she wants to create a access database in acess 2002. Is there any easy way to do it.

I know I could write VB code that would probably do it but it's been a while since I wrote vb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

I have access 2000 and it can open excl spredsheet and automaticly create table or insert into table for you with wizard.

I am sure access 2002 must have this function too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You can also import data from an excel spreadsheet in Access 2000. I'm sure Access 2002 is the same.

Create a new or open an existing database the go to (in Access 2000)
    File > Get External Data > Import ...

Then select the .xls file you want to import, then follow the wizard which will create the table for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

thanks guys problem fixed, mod's you can close this thread if you like.

Advertisement