Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

html and javascript question

Options
  • 02-07-2003 12:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

ok just 2 quick questions

1))is it possible to change the window size using html and the _blank command if so how(i want to avoid javascript on this one)

2))this one is a bit more complicated. i have a form in my web site and i want to know that if a user chooses an option from a pull down menu can that choice dictate other options that are available ON THE SAME page

eg i have a choice between A and B if i choose A then 1 2 3 4 5 becomes available in the next line of the from(pulldown menu again) if i choose B then 6 7 8 9 0 becomes available

like a sub menu i guess what im trying to say

i can do it but it would mean having 2 rather than one page of forms

cheers again:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

1) No, you'd need javascript for what you want.

2) Again, a javascript may help - otherwise you'd need asp or php.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

allright for question 1 i was trying to be lazy but i'll do that on my own
    in question 2
    i tried to write out a script that would do that but i didnt work. I only started javascript 2 weeks ago so im not that good at it yet i know it can be done just cant think of a right way to do it

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

no 2)
    see attached file for the code I used on a site

Advertisement