Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV XL and ISDN

Options
  • 02-07-2003 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering, is it possible to use two computers with the same UTVXL account at the same time, or does one get charged while the other is free. Just that I would like to use one computer to download email, and use the other for browsing at the same time. I guess it counts as using Duel ISDN, but i'm not 100% sure.
    And of course I realise that the times add up if it is possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

If you're using two phone lines, then yes you would have to have two accounts and get charged for both.

Alternatively, you could always connect them via ethernet or firewire and share the one internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Can't be done using two connections. It can however be shared using a few different methods. One being microsofts very own "ICS" (internet connection sharing)

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

More a Nets/Comms thing so moving it there

You won't need to use both ISDN channels - as people have mentioned, sharing the connection using any appropriate software (including Microsoft's ICS) over wireless, a crossover connection or ethernet will do the trick.

Advertisement