Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muscle mass

• 02-07-2003 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have been working out now for six months, initially two maybe three times a week and now nearly every night of the week. I have seen a modest increase in muscle size, but what I am after is essentially large muscles. During the course of my work-out I dont over exert myself and at the end of the work-out I feel pretty good rather than knackered. Is this the right approach and should I just be patient for large muscles or should I increase the weight until I am unable to lift a mouse when I am finished an hours workout?

Cheers in advance,

K-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Get a protein supplement, consider taking maltodextrin or dextrose for added energy when training.

You don't need to be training every day of the week.

Ditch cardio.

Get a training partner if at all possible.

Divide training program into bodyparts and train separately on a given day. 4 days a week at the max. Do maybe Day1 Chest/ Day 2 Arms/Forearms Day 3 Abs/Legs Day 4 Shoulder/Back.

Use available literature on the web to develop short sharp sessions - in and out in <55 mins.

Vary your programs every 3 weeks somehow.

Eat like a whore.

Wait.

JAK.

W

Advertisement