Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teh Frozen Throne

Options
  • 02-07-2003 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Ahh the many months sucked away by Warcraft III are soon to be emulated by the expansion.

Afaik it's out now in some shops, official release is on Friday.
    It (as expected) has been fairly well recieved so far:
    IGN: 90%
    Gamespot: 88%
    Hopefully Eurogamer will have their review out in the next few days.

Most looking foward to teh multiplayer (Lucutus *nod*), neutral heros and the chance to build a ship :).

Who else is buying it then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

'maybe'

if i get bored of CS again anytime soon probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've my copy reserved.

€25 in Gamesworld in Galway, tbh.
    Smyths are looking for €30! They've seriously gone downhill of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Aaa Teh Frozen Throne released at long last,how many times have i finished that game 10-15 times ? yeah thats probably right,good game,great new units ( pandren brewmaster ),nice new enviroments,intresting storyline.neway im not gonna be a chump and pay for it after playing it to death and putting all that work in,me is gettin a free copy,with other memrobelia too,woot woot.

:D CombatCow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Do you need the original installed to play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i'd expect you do

• Advertisement

Yup u need teh original warcraft 3 installed to play teh Frozen throne.U might b surprised with the orc campaign ;)

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Right I bought it (\o/) for 30 euro (.o.) today, as well as about 6 other games. I'm inshtalling her now and have no doubts as to it's w1nnage factor.

G'wan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

playing through the undead at the moment, pretty tough game! like broodwar I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i got it installed it fine ,,ist time i played warcraft.. i have no previous version of warcraft on my pc ,,it runs ok ,,doest look for warcraft 3 or anything ,,i,m just finished the human campaign,,its a great game runs fast on a geoforce two with all detail textures on.

yeah, it's got a really polished 3d engine, It worked great on my old Duron/TNT2 machine. there was a little improvement after I upgraded, but not much that would interfear with the gameplay. :) Blizzard always gave a margin for error with their specifications, Starcraft ran well enough on a 486 I recall.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by gamer
    i got it installed it fine ,,ist time i played warcraft.. i have no previous version of warcraft on my pc ,,it runs ok ,,doest look for warcraft 3 or anything ,,i,m just finished the human campaign,,its a great game runs fast on a geoforce two with all detail textures on.

Sniff...so it IS a probaly with meh machine (*has been having random slowdown trouble lately with a GeForce 4*).

I'm on Chapter 8 of the Night Elf campaign. So far ...could be better, but still impressive. This slowdown is proving annoying though and I pretty much hate the NE, so a tad biased here.

I finished it thismorning, the end's pretty cool. but I'd never finish the last level on hard (like Reign of Chaos). The extra Orc campaign is deadly, you only get the first part of the story, the other 2 parts are comming soon for free on battlenet it said. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd definitely say it's a problem with your machine. I remember we had warcraft 3 running beautifully on a 450mhz machine with an ancient 8mb ATI. It really is some engine to be able to accomplish that and still look beautiful.

I think i've watched too much evangelion today. images of asuka langley shoryu seem to be burned into my memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

damn cant get past this level where your base is defended by the humans and you need to raid Illidin.
    Any tips ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I have a problem running War3 on my laptop :(
    It only shows the ground level of the 3d world. Everything above ground level just isn't there, the top halves of buildings, bridges, stuff like that.
    It also doesn't show the mouse.
    It a 750MHz machine which has a 16MB Trident Cyberblade XP GPU with 256MBs of SD100 RAM.
    Going by the machine you had it running on Retro there must be some problem with this.
    Don't know if I have DirectX 9. Would that make any much of a difference?
    Any ideas anyone? Or would I be better going over to the technology forum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All I can think of is to get the new direct X although i don't think it needs it or get new Graphics Card dirvers. It sounds like a graphics card problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Combatcow
    Yup u need teh original warcraft 3 installed to play teh Frozen throne.U might b surprised with the orc campaign ;)

CombatCow

Is it me, or does anyone else feel the urge to punch the posters face when I see "the" spelt "teh"? :p (but not jking)

Ill prolly pick it up today.. not too interested in the Multiplayer (RON is my strategy game of choice for that), single player is decent tho by the sounds of it?

Matt

Wook
    damn cant get past this level where your base is defended by the humans and you need to raid Illidin.

Which one is that ? Are u playing as the undead and you have a time limit ?

Raz it sounds like the gfx card is not supported by the game or something,u got the latest drivers for it?,might help.

CombatCow

Matt simis - ( force of habbit ) please dont hurt me :o Wot bout the name of this thread ? O yeah and look out for my name in the credits matt :D

Just because your name is in the credits doesn't mean you will be taken off my hit list of people who use 'counterstrike geek speak' :)

Cheers guys :)
    Well it seems I have the latest drivers for my video card so I guess I'm off to download Dx9 :( Thats 30MB on a 56K line. Could I get the redistributable version (It says it's for developers) and use that again and again? (I periodically reformat)

Anyway back to the topic of the frozen throne :) I intend to save about €25 this week by not buying lunch so that should enable me to purchase this very deserving expansion :D

• Advertisement

do it. Any decent game is worth starving for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Originally posted by Combatcow
    Wook
    Which one is that ? Are u playing as the undead and you have a time limit ?

solved it thanks anyways !

cool new units !
    cool graphix
    cool AEX sound
    money well spend!

I went to pop in TFT this morning, dropped it briefly on the carpet, picked it up and fecked it in.
    Now I get this:
    HELP%20MEH.JPG

FUCKING HAX FFS!

I demand someone tell me what to do and make everything better.

If the disk is scratched then you can send it back and get a new disc free (Once sent back within 90 days of purchase I believe).
    It's in the license for Reign of Chaos anyway. have a look at the Frozen Throne one, I'm sure it'll be the same.

edit: it's not in the license, it's on the "Technical Support Policy" page at the end of the manual just before the license.

Well i got DX9 and it didn't do me much good :( (Though the game does seem to run a bit smoother!)

I still get these half formed buildings and it's terribly hard to play the game when you don't know where your mouse cursor is!
    Any more ideas anyone?
    Can you take a printscreen during the game? I could show you what I mean by half formed buildings.

PS. get the redistributeable version of DX9. Much better you can swap it around computers :)

edit:It Appears you can take screenshots! (185Kb!!)
    edit2: Here's another for prosterity (135Kb!!)
    You can see in the second screen shot that the mouse pointer should be over the building showing the energy bar.

Ok...it's working now and I don't want to try and guess why in case it hears me and finds a new way to break itself.

/me tiptoes off to Bnet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

What be your nick on BNet? I've been looking into starting up an Irish WC3 clan along with other people.

'Markeh' on Europe. I'm sticking with custom game for now however, I have astonishing low confidence in 1v1's and as such I rarely play an offensive game= Teh deth

Found my problem. My Graphics processor in my laptop is on Blizzards Non-Supported list :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement