Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter about Phil Nolan's statement...help plz

Options
  • 02-07-2003 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

In regard to the ARticle in the Irish times and the Crazy statements by Phil Nolan, Chief Exec at Eircom. I have decided to draft a view letters to ComReg, Dermot Ahern, My Local TDs and several other points...

I need some help with statistics and research. I have used IOFFL alot but i need something more.
    Could those that care about broadband please post below with:

Comparision of Eircom's prices and the other ISPs in he country and a comparision with the rest of the EU, Turkey(and other supposidly poor countries with better broadband than Ireland) and the US.... Unlike other comparisions please factor in the cost of the cap on the 'stated' €50 package that Phil Nolan says is value... FOr example:

Factor in the INstall(but don't total it with the monthly fee)

the monthly fee and then give an example of how much extra you would have to pay for being on line above and beyond the cap. Show how it THROUGHLY isn't flat-rate and is in fact pay-as-u-download...

I will attempt to get ComReg, Dermot Ahern and others to provent Telcos and ISPs from calling their services flat-rate when they have unrealistic caps and are infact more expensive than the call-charges method

ASAP and we will reap the rewards and the vested interests will shake :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Have a look here for info on Belgacom's €29 starter pack, modem included!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Dangger
    Have a look here for info on Belgacom's €29 starter pack, modem included!
    €28 now...:rolleyes:

Lucky Belgians...

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Chaos-Engine
    In regard to the ARticle in the Irish times and the Crazy statements Factor in the INstall(but don't total it with the monthly fee)

the monthly fee and then give an example of how much extra you would have to pay for being on line above and beyond the cap. Show how it THROUGHLY isn't flat-rate and is in fact pay-as-u-download...
    Point out that this puts an end to mass-market appeal of broadband since the very applications that make the most of broaband can only be used in a limited way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Excelland article as always Dave ....

Advertisement