Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News: Eircoms adsl boat sinks as incompetent engineers try to pick up the pieces.

Options
  • 02-07-2003 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

Seems eircoms adsl is totally b0rked at the moment.

My line went down for a few hours on friday and i rang the tech support guys who said the server was down and there were "a lot of things happening with the adsl servers"

He said ithere were engineers already on site in the exchange and he assured me it would be fixed by the next day and then all weekend the connection kept being dropped for an hour or so at a time.

Then today it went down again for 3 hours so I rang them to see what the story was and they said it would be escalated and that there is nothing wrong with the server.

I think thats bollocks as a few people on boards seem to be having problems over the weekend....

If anybody works for eircom can they please post up what the **** is going on, did some knacker run off with one of your servers or what?

At the moment this is not nearly worth what I'm paying for it.

Eircom, you better watch your step as your premium customers will walk away from you quite quickly with this kind of downtime.

*disgruntled fisty*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

What exchange are you hooked up to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I'm now off i-stream FOUR days! :mad: ZERO access at all for me.

Called tech support, a nice fellow ran me through the usual re-install modem software dealy -no difference (not 5th time lucky for me on that :rolleyes: ) , and told me he'd get back to me.

FOUR bl**dy days :rolleyes:

What a joke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Originally posted by fisty
    Malahide

HMMmm...I'm also in Malahide and am expecting and engineer on the 10th. He should hopefully be taking eircoms ISDN box also. Anyone had trouble downgrading from ISDN? fisty, other then the down time how have you found the service? Download, ping etc..

Me hopes fisty isn't a Kazza whore;)

pings are a stable 60 to the uk.
    intemittent problems with download speeds.
    some days they're just ****e but thats probably just from kazaa monkeys.

you go nuts for the first few days downloading stuff but then you just run out of things to download.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by fisty
    you go nuts for the first few days downloading stuff but then you just run out of things to download.

Yep and then you start using Direct Connect :D

don't be giving him ideas LAWBREAKER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Mine is fine, and has been fine for about a year.
    I've got 512kbit starter pack right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Yep and then you start using Direct Connect :D

Yup. That's where the real sharers hide out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dobbler

I've been off since Sunday, I can connect with no problems but there is no activity at all. Been on to support 4 times. Tried installing the modem (Piece of **** Alcatel SpeedTouch USB) on my XP machine (was running on Win2k Pro) but they nicely informed me that there was a problem with the XP WAN Miniport software that hasn't been resolved. (if anyone knows of a solution to this, a reply would be greatly appreciated...)

I am now forced to use dial-up on my laptop which is less than adequate for my needs, I run a web design business and this is costing me big time. Not only am I being charged for a service (Solo €108 p.m.) that I haven't had for a week but I am also being charged for using dial-up while it's down. I'm not a happy man.

I've been using Eircom iStream since it first became available and I've only had one minor problem with it in nearly a year and now this, down for a week and no solution in sight. ARGH!

I'm on the Shankill exchange which, I'm told, is routed through the Sandyford exchange which was one of the 'badly hit' exchanges but now they assure me their exchanges are working perfectly. Seems a little odd that I've had the exact same problem since Sunday and now that their exchange is back up it's suddenly become a problem at my end.

I don't know, someone please sympathise with me as that's about all the comfort I'm going to get from this....

Lloyd.

A closed mouth gathers no feet

• Advertisement
Advertisement