Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver Progress

Options
  • 02-07-2003 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Just thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for anyone taking up the UTV Clicksilver option. We can track progress here as the orders transition to installations etc.

Personally I've just migrated from my UTVIP account today (2nd July) and am waiting for the next stage (which I assume is the second line test).

My Options:

Date Ordered: 2nd July
    Options: No USB Modem, Will supply own Ethernet ADSL Modem/Router
    Modem: Netgear DG814

Perhaps if this thread grows legs and becomes useful the mods will make it sticky. So - anyone else out there gone the clicksilver route? And if so - how are things progressing? How long does it take to go from order to install? When do you get billed etc.?

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

theres already a thread open on this about 5 threads down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Max

I applied for ClickSilver online last Wednesday 25th June and received an email acknowledgement saying it will take UP TO 15 days to activate my line.

I received an email receipt yesterday 2nd July for the deduction from my Credit Card.

I'll wait to see what happens!!

Max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

If a thread already exists... make it sticky someone!!

c0y0te
    :D

Just got an emal from UTV confirming that my account has been debited by the installation fee. Wow - that was quick. I guess this means I've passed the line test?

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I thought the same but when I rang them yesterday to see where things were at I was told that the request for the line test isn't sent in until after the receits are sent out. Your 2 to 4 weeks (another direct quote) for the line test starts now. Once you've passed the linetest the modem is dispatched (and I assume someone contacts you to set up password details etc.)

This is what was outlined to me by the support person. Looks like I'll be getting a final scary bill from eircom after all :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

This I would assume is now the problem of having to wait for confirmations from Eircom etc.....

I actually failed the line test - and UTV were very quick to recredit the fee to my CC, so don't be too worried about that, if you look around the boards there are lots of problems with Eircoms setup at the moment - the bottleneck has been reached and they aren't too bothered about pushing on from here......

Well - the other *nice* item from UTV is that I've confirmed I can get 3 x ADSL filters for 20 euro from them, which is cheaper than eircon, but best of all means I don't have to give eircon ANY money at all :D

I don't mind waiting the month or so to get things sorted, as long as I can get a decent service and connection once its up and running, and most of all - as long as I can give my business to ANYONE BUT EIRCON !

c0y0te

In fact... I like the sound of that... A.B.E !!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 musiccccdub

can get 3 x ADSL filters for 20 euro

Good news... is this through the sales email or on the website yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

They are making you pay for the microfilters???

It should really be included in the installation charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 musiccccdub

I assumed he meant EXTRA microfilters than the ones supplied as standard?

• Advertisement
Advertisement