Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adware redirecting homepage

• 02-07-2003 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭

Here's the story,
    I have a freind of mine's pc and everytime it reboots it changes his homepage to this:- http://www.coolwwwsearch.com/z/b/x1.cgi?101 , then redirects him to a target website
    I have checked in the registry and it is changing it in several locations, I have scanned his c with ad-ware and spybot but they don't pick up anything, I've scanned with McAfee's latest dat files but still nothing, I cannot seem to find where it is excecuting from, ( tried HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run , but still nothing obvious.
    Any help would be appreciated as it's wrecking my head now and I'm pretty close to format and re-install

21/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

have you updated spybot & adaware with the latest definitions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

not sure of Version no's but I only Downloaded them about two weeks ago.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The adaware version I downloaded last night came with a quite old definition ... do an update, it may help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

that's prolly your problem then...
    in spybot click on the online tab & then go to update...
    in adaware just click on the 'check for updates now' button.

Thank Lads I'll try that and see how I get on.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

What os is it? If its 98,Me or XP just use msconfig and untick all the crap that starts up.

Nah i'ts 200 pro

21/25

Advertisement