Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

revamped data privacy archive

• 02-07-2003 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks:

Just a quickie to note that I've finally got around to cleaning up my data privacy pages and added some more stuff in. The site is now split into three main pages -- 1) an overview of the data retention issue; 2) a page that lists and links to an archive of (almost...) all the stories I've done on this issue over two years; and finally 3) a page on links to additional press coverage of the general issue, background material to the data retention issue, and links to lots of stories that illustrate why large databases are highly abuseable.

The main link remains the same: http://radio.weblogs.com/0103966/stories/2002/12/02/inDefenseOfDataPrivacy.html

I hope to get around to scanning in some of the more interesting documents I've received under FOI (the Freedom of Information Act) and when that happens I'll let people know. Probably late July at this point as I'm away earlier in the month.

I intend to broaden the site out to more issues beyond the pending data retention bill but remains my priority because of the enormity of the issue and its timeliness.

Feel free to email me with any suggested links or general suggestions.

Karlin

Advertisement