Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcserve 2000 problem

• 03-07-2003 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭

Guys, i'm using Arcserve 2000 to backup my Win2k server. Everything seems to be working fine and backing up except in the job log each day after the backup the following warning appears:

error 3073 Unable to logon as user(User= , EC= )

It seems to be backing everything up, but i'd like to get rid of this message for peace of mind. Anybody see this before or know what it means. The help in Arcserve is crap and doesn't explain much...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are you just backing up the server, or are you backing up any of the machines on the network?

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Yeh, also backing up some machines on the network. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Error 3073

3073 Unable to logon as user. (USER=user, EC=ms_error_code)

Module:

Tasks Engines

Explanation:

ASTASK cannot logon as the specified user.

Cause/Solution:

Check the error code. Check the user name and password specified in the Server Admin.

OLDER RESOLUTION

Title: W3073 Unable to logon as user
    Product: ARCserve 6.x for Windows NT
    Date: 01/27/99

PROBLEM: W3073 Unable to logon as user.

RESOLUTION: To fix the W3073 warning, check the ARCserve System Account in the ARCserve Server Admin. Click on Admin and a drop down box will appear. Click on ARCserve System Account. This Account should be set to the User and Password that you have ARCserve using. The From field should also have the Domain Name not the Local Machine Name. After making the proper changes, Stop and Start the ARCserve Job Engine.

The ARCserve account should be a user that belongs to the Administrator's, Domain Admin's, and Backup Operator's groups. The Domain Admin's group should be set as the primary group for this user.

Verify that the account the ARCserve Job Engine is using has been granted the logon as a service right under User ManagerPoliciesUser RightsShow Advanced User Rights.

That looks like the fix i'm searching for Kananga, thanks. The job is set to run at 5.30 so i'll be able to check it tonight. Appreciate all the help guys, thanks. I'll let ye know if it works.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On older versions of arvserve there was a similar message if you did not register it properly. - probly not your problem but it drove me daft with an exchange module ( but good old NT4 backup just pulled it across the network in the mean time - God bless it's little cotton socks.)

If you installed it 30 /60/90 days ago then check the event viewer for any strange messages (why the louses could not do it as a pop-up instead of burying it in the event logs is just one more gripe I have with older versions of arcserve)

• Advertisement

Sorted! Kananga's resolution sorted it for me. Nice one, thanks guys. It's been wrecking my head for ages now.

Advertisement