Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Shopped or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

shopped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

not shopped, a google image search will other pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

not shopped !

Stealth-corvette-Visby.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

where did you get that pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Quite a few of the goggle images are obviously shopped (or similar), however, I find it very difficult to decide on the one in the first post. The surfaces / colours (especially the windows on the bridge) are "too smooth", lines are too clear and some items don't look quite right - the yellow supports and green 'deck' underneath, the flag on the bow, lack of shadows and the "absurdity" of the gun.

On the realism side, I don't imagine someone shopping an image like this, the rear deck has work in progress and you can see the rope connect the flag at the bow.

More images http://www.kockums.se/News/photostock/photosurface.html

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Sposs
    where did you get that pic?
    Right click on the link / image and "show properties"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

First one is totally PS'd. Shadows are all wrong (if there even ARE any), yellow things are wrong, looks way to big for its surroundings and it's bow is at a wrong angle.

Blatantly photoshop'd imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally thought it looked fake, but after looking at the other photos...

Considering its a stealth ship I wouldn't be surprised if it looks weird and angular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Whats the deal with the funny angles on the paintwork though? Its not stealth paintwork is it?

Bah bloody weapons of MURDER!!

Originally posted by Gordon
    Whats the deal with the funny angles on the paintwork though? Its not stealth paintwork is it?
    It well might be a stealthy paintwork, however the idea behind the shapes and colours on the paintwork is too make it less visible and less identifiable (difficult to get a good silhouette under poor conditions). Ice, rocks and islands in the Baltic would further compound problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

The first one looks like a childs toy remote control boat. Must be shopped? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Concatenator

Its real! These things are made in Sweden. They are stealth boats. Ya heard meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

what about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

what about this?

THB Looks like some Dude getting severly stoned in his room.

but not shopped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tbh i think shopped. Asok is simply a figment of Doodee's imagination IMO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

It's shopped. Joint or cigarette smoke is DAMN hard to capture well on an average camera. And the smoke is too boxed in... I dunno. It just looks odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not shopped - a mate took a picture when he was smoking a cigarette and it looked exactly like that.

phear my wisdom etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's not shopped. It's camo used to disguise the boat.

As far as I remember that is a new kind of stealth boat (although the other stealth boat I saw was more like a submarine and might be US made).

http://www.resonancepub.com/images/stealth_ship.gif

A quick check and it is in fact a Swedish YS2000 Stealth corvette.

http://www.navy.gov.au/seapowercenter/mw21/mw21soderholm.htm

They aren't the only country to have a stealth boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Awww at Asok

• Advertisement
Advertisement