Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! How to restore deleted files and folders??

Options
  • 03-07-2003 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Being a proper idiot i deleted a folder with a couple of sub folders and a load of files that i could really have done without deleting. emptied the recycle bin as well without looking.

Is there any way to find and restore these files and folders?
    They were on a seperate HD so i removed the disk incase they were overwritted by random file caching etc.
    Win 98se is the o/s
    Any ideas?
    Scruff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

google for UNDELETE.

I've used a program called "getdataback" in the past, but it aint free (cheap though). It's able to recover from accidentely deleting files up to accidentely re-partitioning...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't you miss DOS... mirror was handy ...
    Norton Utils is fairly good.

If it was FAT16 then Windows 3.11 with the Dos utils will allow to you to undelete files and folders..

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Yep there is loads you can do.

Check out Ontrack who can offer all the software needed to recover your files or as suggested by ' maxheadroom' you could go for getdataback . Either way your data is recoverable.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I recently used a program called restorer2000 pro which recovered the bulk of my data from an 80gig drive which had been formatted twice! (once fat32, once ntfs).
    www.bitmart.net should get you there.

You can download a demo which will scan your drive and report what can be recovered, then if you feel it's worth it buy the product key to unlock the program and recover your data.

There's two cheaper versions (~$30 iirc) which will do either fat or ntfs. Then there's a pro version which will do both for about $45.

I'm sure you were looking for a free solution but I thought $45 was a steal to recover 80gigs of music, video and college work. Apart from having to download it all again it would have taken me years to remember what I had in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Cheers all.
    Noron Utilities 2002 did the trick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement