Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United sign Djemba

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

TBH I was not overly impressed with him in the Conf cup, way too eager and picked 11 yellow cards last season. He does not pull out of tackles.
    Hopefully it goes well for him, time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Ye he picked 11 yellows and a red up this season...but as he said himself, most of those would go unnnoticed in England. Anyway, reminds me of Keane. Very aggressive and very dedicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Whats wrong with 11 yellows and a red in one season can people not remember what Keane was like.As was said he doesnt pull out of tackles which is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Fair enough he shows potential but United need high class performers for the champions league.
    United have reached a level where they can only sign the best players in the world if they are to improve.
    Bellion and Djemba are not exactly fresh from playing the champions league final, Bellions run in Sunderland reserves hardly sets him up for playing against the likes of AC Milan and Real Madrid.

You cannot let someone like Beckham go and not bring in two or three world class players and with the Ronaldinho deal floundering you have to wonder where Uniteds summer transfer activity is headed.

I agree completely. We cant just settle for that. We should go out and sign duff(with Giggs), Ronaldinho as an extra attacking midfielder and hopefully(if the reports are true) a new defender...like Nesta or cannavaro.

We NEED new players...and we need them now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I don't see him as a bad buy really. A player like him can really improve at a team like Utd (and yes I'm a pool fan). We've all seen how Butt and Scholes are improving all the time. If he gets a bit of first team action alongside Keano he could be a big star when he replaces Keano in a few years.

Plaus he's better than Igor Biscan who Liverpool bought for the same price :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

'suppose Man U are leaving keano for CL and this new punter for the likes of Charlton and Wolves so he can cut his teeth and get some experience :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I have misgivings about Djemba Djemba too!! But it is important to remember that he is only 23 and will learn alot from playing alongside Keano.

We seriously need new players to compete with Real. So far this summer, its Real 2- Man Utd 0.

One goal for getting Beckham for a cheap price.

Another One for getting Carlos Quieroz.

And it will be 3 - 0 to Real if they get their way with Ronaldinho too who, lets face it, would easily choose Real over Man Utd with Carlos and Ronaldo and Savio and the other Brazilians at Real.

Advertisement