Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hmm ESAT Should talk to themselves

Options
  • 03-07-2003 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

What does old shin get through the post to-day, only an application form for IOL Broadband, considering my lines still failing and Philip nolans customer care manager is on the case, i find it only mildly amusing

regards

Shin

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just ring ESAT and tell them you will switch to IOL if your problems are not resolved pdq - take control - show them who is Boss..

(if only :( )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Just ring ESAT and tell them you will switch to IOL if your problems are not resolved pdq - take control - show them who is Boss..

(if only :( )

ESAT is IOL!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tell the pair of them that if neither sort you out you'll switch to OCEANFREE...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Philip nolans customer care manager is on the case

Thats what she said about my case aswell about 3 weeks ago, and I'm starting to think that theyve "forgotten" about it..................... :( :rolleyes:

Don't get your hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by andrew163
    Don't get your hopes up.
    If your line doesn't pass Eircom's test, it's unlikely to pass for any of the RADSL resellers since they use the same database.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Tell the pair of them that if neither sort you out you'll switch to OCEANFREE...

Don't Esat/IOL own Oceanfree?

Originally posted by Kennett
    Said in jest, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

And..
    Dont eircom own Esat!? :D

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    And..
    Dont eircom own Esat!? :D
    I thought it was ComReg they owned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by shinzon
    What does old shin get through the post to-day, only an application form for IOL Broadband, considering my lines still failing and Philip nolans customer care manager is on the case, i find it only mildly amusing

regards

Shin
    Both of my lines (work / home) failed, and I got the same thing from them. I have to say it is really annoying!! :mad: I understand how you feel.

OHP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by Kennett
    Well, if it wasn't in jest, Oceanfree is owned by British Telecom and ESB. Remember, it's called ESAT BT. As for:
    Philip nolans customer care manager is on the case
    Why not get Philip Nolan on the case :) If you search the IOffL forum for the name Philip Nolan, you should Find his email address. [Maybe Try philip.nolan!]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i did philip nolan passed the info onto his cutomer care manager, hence my quote, and as per usual **** alls been done

Shin

Should have a sticky for ISP's and who owns them or has vested interests. So people can see how few choices there are really...

It is in the interest of cartels to show evidence of competition also when there are takeovers it is not worth rebranding the acquisition when they are not less popular than the main you.

Just for the laugh ask Comreg how many registered ISP's there are... and then try finding our how many really independent ones there are with more than 1% of the market....

PS. I assume everyone knows that Dixons / Currys / PC World are all the same company and have in the past used sale prices
    based on the previous price in one of the other stores instead of their own..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by shinzon
    i did philip nolan passed the info onto his cutomer care manager, hence my quote, and as per usual **** alls been done

Shin
    Ah, write to him again and tell that his colleague's "customer care manager" title is an oxymoron for at least two reasons.

Suggestion:

Dear Dr Nolan/Dr Phil/Pippy

In reference to your last communication with me, letting me know that your customer care manager was taking care of the issue, either you told me a lie or she forgot all about me. Or one of you is incompetent (take your pick - you'll probably pick the other person).

I'm concerned that you say one thing will happen when the reality is that nothing will happen so I'm CCing this missive to Comreg. Aware that they won't do much about it unless I get lucky enough to write to someone competent and interested, I've CCed it to everyone in the office, sent a registered letter and will be sitting next to the phone for the next week to make sure you can't pretend that your lackey rang me.

By the way, stop lying to government committees. They're so used to it that they'll only take notice if the alarm bells go off from your telling them the truth. Karma will catch up with you and bite you on the botty.

Kind regards

Seamus Ryan

(insert your own name here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sceptre's letter reminds of a section in Salmon of Doubt, Douglas Adams' (posthumous) last book, in which he writes a letter to a Disney executive about the film they were supposed to be making of the Hitchhikers Guide. He mentions how difficult it's been to contact him to discuss the movie, and provides a list of every person that the Disney guy could possibly contact him through, including all of his own contacts details, his publishers and editors, his family, his neighbours and several restaurants he might possibly be in when he's trying to call. Perhaps this is the solution... :)

Oh look, I'm wittering again!

adam

Im getting really annoyed with this whole im passing it on to someone else to get it sorted, then nothing happens, will do sceptre thx

And as for ESATBT, they must think i have shares in the company or something.

I mailed my application for IOL anytime to ESATBT last wednesday, thinking thered be a slight delay thought nothing more of it, until lo and behold this morning I get a letter, thought it was my details for signing onto my service, imagine my surprise when i opened it only to find an application for for IOL anytime, so being slightly bemused by this i ring ESAT, explained i sent the Application in so whats with the letter, he looked up my details said it was a mistake they had my application form on record no need to send it in again, fine says I hung up and went off to start the day, so comes in and was getting ready for work, dring dring goes the phone, someone downstairs picks it up, they shout up and says its for me, so i answer it I swear to god this what was said

"Hi this is Joanne in ESAT, being a valued NETSMART customer we were wondering did you hear about our new IOL Anytime service"

Jaw dropped to floor, hair came out in bundles while i yet again explained I already had sent in the application for the service last wednesday, i also receicved I explained a letter this morning offering me the service when ive already sent the flaming thing in.

Then she sorta got snotty, oh thanks for taking my call so BANG phone went dead.

Hows that for inter departmental communication

Regards
    Shin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

for a communications company they're pretty bad at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Serbian
    Well, if it wasn't in jest, Oceanfree is owned by British Telecom and ESB. Remember, it's called ESAT BT.

Oceanfree was started originally by Ocean telecommunications, which was a joint venture between British Telecom and the ESB.

Ocean (including oceanfree) was bought by the company now known as Esat BT a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The ESB were bought out of Ocean by BT and not by ESAT BT to be as pedantic about it as Eth0

i just dont believe it, i really dont, i cannot justify why esat bt are even in business, the largest shower of ****s thats ever rained on the earth, the level of stupidity is beyond compare.

Do they purposefully display the ineptitude of morons are are they really this ****ing inefficient.

my how things have changed from monday when yes sir weve got your application for iol anytime to today when i checked to see what progress has been made, when for some reason no record of my application exists, christ how does this company stay in business, in fact why are they in business

JESUS H CHRIST IM GETTING SICK OF THIS BULL****, NO ****ING BROADBAND, NO FLAT RATE ****ING INTERNET, WHY IN THE NAME OF ****ING GOD DID I EVER GET ****ING INVOLVED IN COMPUTERS, CHRIST IM JUST ABOUT TO ****ING LET LOOSE ON SOMEONE, I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS ****ING HAPPENING AGAIN

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Someone pass the J to shinzon, quick.

adam

Shinzon

I agree about Esat though.

shin calm again now, wasnt letting esat get away with it, so rang them back and i said could I speak to a supervisor please, lo and behold twas the same person i was onto before, she apologised wholeheartedly for her mistake, apprently my lickle application form was sitting for 3 days in a pending box on the desk of the twit i was speaking to on monday, said twit is on holiday for 2 days and didnt hand his workload to anyone else to complete, so nothing was put up on the system since i was talking to him

Right back to today, so she said that she has processed it and its gone through, right says I describe the form for me and give me the name and password to me so ill know its my form.

She duly did so and all was present and correct, will be either tomorrow or monday ill be on anytime, so allls well with shin again but if im not activated on monday may god have mercy on there souls

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

yey shin anytime in um anytime in the next few weeks ........ and you know in your heart of heart,s it wont be tomorrow

But sure i can dream LOL

Shin

Just checked my e-mail and philip nolans cutomer care manager has gotten back to me at last and im rather surprised hes made the admissions he did , below is the e-mail make of it what ye will
    At the outset I apologise for the delay in reply.

I have had further tests carried out on the above line and unfortunately the
    line is still failing the prequalification test. The provision of i-stream
    is subject to the line passing the prequalification test. Your line no
    longer meets the parameters required to support the ADSL service. The
    reasons a line could fail can be due to:

- Your house is too far from the exchange.
    - The sensitive nature of ADSL means that the line to your house, while
    perfect for PSTN and ISDN technology, may not be suited for ADSL
    technology.

I can confirm that you are served via a dedicated pair which means you are
    not on a splitter.

I am very sorry that my reply could not be more favourable at this time.

regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i know what your going through so i reall y hope it is tomorrow

but after waiting 5 weeks for broadband ........ im not so hopefull for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Merged threads (ties in with the continuing saga of shinzon getting broadband rather than starting multiple threads for every new letter)

The only line in the mail that could tell you something approaching a possible revelation seems to be
    Your line no longer meets the parameters required to support the ADSL service.
    ... as in, at some point it may have.

Other than that there's nothing new or spectacular in there.

thank you for your reply, but ive yet to have a satisfactory answer to this
    question, in om waterford main, only half a mile from the exchange, and only
    since eircom have been offering RADSL has my line been failing, and need i
    remind you the very first day this was offered my line passed.

I also passed ESATS businees adsl and its 60 euro residential pacakage
    before radsl came into effect, I accept that for whatever reason my line
    will never pass because of the RADSL technology, but does this mean that all
    houses in the viewmount estate cannot carry the DSL signal and if so is that
    a really good state of affairs to leave it in, and as you say that im not on
    a splitter does that mean if i get a new line run to the house that that
    would pass

ill see what he says to that

Regards
    shin

• Advertisement
Advertisement