Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming Soon - flat rate internet access - from eircom

Options
  • 03-07-2003 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

yes indeed folks - you may now express your interest in flat rate internet access, which is coming soon.

Wakey Wakey eircom, we have been expressing our interest for years and years. at every available opportunity. in every concievable forum, we have indeed been expressing our interest.

And as for coming soon, flat rate has been available (to order anyway) for over a week.

anyway, read all about it for yourselves...... http://home2.eircom.net/survey/

and for those who enjoy the flexibility of the english language... take a look at the small print ** Please note all expressions of interest may be subject to validation and a credit check They are coming to get us - expressing your interest will henceforth cost money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Dammit - I was hoping they'd really drop the ball on this;
    I want to claim the two euro back from their recent increase to provide FRIACO and Single Billing. Neither of which I can get.

Although slightly off-topic I notice that once again eircom are asking for personal information using a non-secure form on a bog standard HTML page; a small risk I know but it annoys me that a co the size of eircom can't be arsed to encrypt personal info. Of course it is impossible to find eircom's privacy policy.

They ask for mother's maidenname elsewhere on the eircom site too. Huge NO-NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh let them call you. If it's too expensive or you don't like the look of the guy on the phone you can always tell them to shag off and delete your personal information from their database (using the Data Protection Act as a weapon in the usual way) and tell them they have 40 days to inform you in writing that they have done so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

why in gods name would you want to express an interest in anything €ircon have to offer? There are 2 other companies offering Flat Rate right now. Why on earth would you want to part with any more of your money for that money grabbing incompetant moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I'll be interested in seeing what sort of offer they put out. On the DSL front they seem to be relying purely on market inertia to provide them with customers as their own offering is in no way competitive with anything else available (with the posible exception of satellite). TBH I expect some ludicrous offer such as 150 hours for €5 more than ESAT and a premium line support number.

Does anyone else get the feeling eircom are trying to position themselves as a wholesaler/business only provider with no interest in dealing with the great unwashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

I think €ircon are trying to make their point that there was no demand.... who's got the book for them offering something remotely competitive?

• Advertisement
Advertisement